Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Which 'ara' is your favourite?

I have Zara on my list but like all of these too:

Lara
    Cara
    Clara
    Sara
    Mara

Which is your favourite and what style of middle name do you think works best with them?

Many thanks, Lucy

Cara and Sara are my favorite. There are a wide wide range of middle names that would work for both of them.
    Wanting to be pregnant.

Clara and Sara are the only two that I like a lot. The rest are just ok for me. I like unusual but meaningful middle names.
    Ttc a baby brother or sister for Luther Wolf!

I really like Cara and Sara (I prefer Sara with the same pronunciation as Sarah and not the one the rhymes with Cara). I really like Cara Maeve and Sara Bethany.

Do you pronounce all of these as though they rhyme? I pronounce Sara and Clara differently from the rest. Cara could rhyme with Sara or with Zara. Zara is definitely my favourite. It's exotic yet familiar, quirky yet beautiful.
    For middle names, I think you need either a one syllable or a long name. For example:
    Zara Gwendolyn
    Zara Rose
    Zara May
    Zara Guinevere
    Mommy to John Alexander & 3 furbabies; Maggie the dog, Rex & Bella the wannabe lions

Current favourites: girls -Eliana [Bronwen, Joy, Claire, Irene], Leora [Irene, Bronwen, Bronwyn], Sarah Elise, Anna Charlotte, Adelaide, Phoebe, Kathryn, Elizabeth, Anastasia, Celeste, Astrid, Beatrix, Lucy
    boys: Callum, Arthur [Paul or William], Nathaniel, Samuel, Zachary, Elijah