Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Post School Teacher, a Homemaker who paints, and a flower child

Hello fellow nameberries. The house is quiet so I'm trying to get some writing down today. I need to name the parents and older sister of a main character.

One of my main characters is the youngest child in this family. His name is Seth Wylie. In the present setting throughout the novel Seth's family are dead. However they are present through flashbacks.

The Wylie's are from Toronto. The parents were born in the 60's. The older sister in the early 90's. The father is a school teacher who is respected and well-liked by all his students. He makes teaching fun. Parent-wise, he's a little more strict and that is because the wife is very laid back. She paints and drives a red mini cooper. The older sister is sort of a dreamy, ummmm...a flower child for lack of a better word. She blogs about everything, she believes in true love, she listens to music for the meaning behind the words and not the sound. This family present themselves as perfect but they have troubles. The father is bipolar and the famioly has it's ups and downs because of this.

I haven't thought of any names at all so I'd love to hear your suggestions for father, mother, and older sister.

Thank you and I look forward to your suggestions.
    Have a Nice Day
    -Crissy-

I don't have any children, but I write like crazy and am always looking for names for characters. I think I'm a half decent story teller, a mediocre writer, but horrible at picking names.

Favorites: Ainsley, Everly, Shay, Bryce, Michaela, Bree, Susannah, Jensen, Damien, Anson, James, Dalton, Sawyer, Alaric

[FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Flitting between the Heartland and the South
    I love the last name Wylie. Its not one that you hear everyday and I think that last names are just as important as first names when it comes to writing characters; it helps shape who they are. Because you included the decade in which each character was born, I looked up some of the popular names from each time. I thought that these went well with Wylie:

Father:
    James, Robert, Mark, Steven, Paul

Mother:
    Susan, Linda, Michelle, Cynthia, Angela

This one was harder, because of the Brittany, Ashely, Jessica Epidemic that engulfed the 90's (I'm a 90's baby, and although my name is not included in those three, I went to school with several). These seem to be more whimsical, like your character.

Older Sister:
    Jasmin, Heather, Brooke, Cheyenne, Mariah

I hope that helps and good luck
    TTC #1 since October 2012...
    Cecelia, Lydia, Clara
    Adric, Isaac, Silas

"I'd rather be honest than impressive."

Current Loves: Tobias Henry and Sebastian Keith

Lots of great names, so far. Thank you.

Father: I LOVE Eugene or Steven.
    Mother: I like Melinda, Cynthia, Gail, and Elizabeth.
    Sister: I like Holly, Chloe, Julie, April, Mariah.

Now it's just to break it down further.
    Have a Nice Day
    -Crissy-

I don't have any children, but I write like crazy and am always looking for names for characters. I think I'm a half decent story teller, a mediocre writer, but horrible at picking names.

Favorites: Ainsley, Everly, Shay, Bryce, Michaela, Bree, Susannah, Jensen, Damien, Anson, James, Dalton, Sawyer, Alaric