Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I agree with all the above posts. Wilhelmina just looks better in comparison to Willamina.
    Eudora - Casilda - Violetta - Odelia - Leocadia - Odette - Isolde - Valentine - Leopoldine - Isadora
    Eulalia - Aurelia - Marigold - Ariadne - Viola - Cosima - Philomena
    Averil - Caius - Casimir - Basil - Ignatius - Benedict - Thaddeus - Raphael - Leopold - Clement
    Cassian - Isidore - Wenceslaus - Balthasar - Arlo - Gilbert - Cornelius - Augustine - Carlisle

Willamina does look like creative spelling. Wilhelmina looks a lot nicer. And it's a great name!
    Audrey - Beatrice - Clara - Daphne - Flora - Jane - Mabel - Susannah

Arthur - Barnaby - Edward - Frederick - Henry - Rupert - Theodore - Walter

I MUCH, MUCH prefer the traditional spelling Wilhelmina. The name loses its old-fashioned charm with the other spelling.
    Mother of three teenagers: (1) Daniel Glen, (2) Timothy Austin, and (3) Rebecca Jane. All middle names honor family, with Jane used three generations in a row. (A second girl would have been Susanna Eve.

In my opinion, Willamina looks like an illiterate attempt at Wilhelmina. Wilhelmina is gorgeous. If you prefer the Willa part of the name, I'd go with Willa or Willow, both of which do a great job of honoring William. I also like the suggestion of Emmeline!
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly

Quote Originally Posted by scarletrune View Post
    In my opinion, Willamina looks like an illiterate attempt at Wilhelmina. Wilhelmina is gorgeous. If you prefer the Willa part of the name, I'd go with Willa or Willow, both of which do a great job of honoring William. I also like the suggestion of Emmeline!
    I have to agree...I would think the parents did not know how to spell the name and made up a spelling. I vote for traditional here too.
    Mother to Isadora