Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Western names that go with Kenji?

So, with the help of opinions from my previous thread, my husband and I have decided we don't want to use Japanese names anymore for first names. However, we're stuck on western names. Our son's name is Kenji and we're finding it difficult to come up with western names that feel the same as Kenji because we can't see past it being Japanese. I think any outside perspective would help.

Any western names, girls and boys, that go with Kenji? Do you think Kenji fits into any themes, other than Japanese?

The names we came up with are Hugo and Otto. Some suggestions we liked were Esme, Nico, Enzo, Remy...

Any name suggestions, though, are appreciated, as we are really stuck. No name or theme is too out there as we love all types of names. TIA .

Here is some names I think sound good with Kenji

Boys:
    Kip- very western
    Kurt
    Claudio
    Guy
    Hugh
    Felix
    Milo
    Now
    Rolf
    Oscar

Girls:
    Mathilde or Mathilda
    Esme
    Suki
    Aida
    Ruby
    Mia

Siblings don't neccesarily have to go together, they are individual children after all. However here are some you may like: Klaus, Henrik, Quinn, Olivier, Xander, Saul, Vaughan, Yasha, Ezra, Jaq; Willa, Xenya, Zena, Anya, Rhea, Ariella, Zara, Lark, Indigo, Livia, Renee, Raine, Nika, Jem?
    Current Loves: Tobias Henry and Sebastian Keith

Hi kady, I think again a western name should sound a little exotic to pair well with Kenji. I suggested names ending with vowels because it captures some of Kenji's flair, and helps blend him in.

Luca
    Alonso
    Aldo
    Alvaro
    Emory
    Anxo
    Antony
    Bixby
    Carlo
    Colby
    Conroy
    Cosmo
    Elia
    Ezio
    Falco
    Helio
    Inigo
    Ira
    Jairo
    Lazslo
    Lorenzo
    Marco
    Matteo
    Mircea
    Piero
    Blade, MD

XY: AR
    XX: CVN

Aquila * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrra * Petra * Rosamond * Seraphine * Silvana * Theophane / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Giles * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Peregrine * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan _ Iman / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Najid _ Rafiq _ Tariq

I'm not sure what you mean by Western names...are you wanting names that sound cowboyish, or just to break out of the Japanese box? So I'll try a country-western list and a multi-cultural list

Country-Western Boys:
    Brody
    Colton
    Wyatt
    Winchester
    Abraham
    Ezra
    Almanzo (Laura Ingalls Wilder's husband)
    Clinton
    Jasper
    Louis
    Travis
    Ambrose
    Cole
    Levi
    Jesse
    Luke
    Weston
    Ezekiel (Zeke)
    Wayne
    Samuel
    Micah
    Arliss
    Zane
    Jeremiah
    Gabe
    Beau
    Amos

Country-Western Girls:
    Clara
    Daisy
    June
    Loretta
    Clementine
    Pearl
    Cheyenne
    Sadie
    Winona
    Eugenia
    Magnolia
    Ruby
    Tallulah
    Darla
    Sienna
    Hazel
    Eliza
    Josephine
    Prudence
    Charlotte
    Dorothy
    Abigail
    Jolene

Multicultural:
    Kiri - Persian for sun, Latin for light
    Shasta - Sanskrit, meaning "one who lives according to divine law"...also the name for a Native American tribe, a beautiful triple-peaked mountain, and a term meaning "natural beauty"
    Terra - Latin for earth, Japanese for swift arrow, the famous hill where met the Irish kings is named Tara
    Farrah - Arabic and English, meaning "fair-haired" and "joyful/pleasant"
    Naomi - Hebrew for pleasant. This is my sister's name, and she gets no end of compliments on it. I think it blends well with Kenji because of the similar endings, even though they have very different origins.
    Ishmael - Hebrew meaning "God hears" or "one who will be heard"
    Leif - Scandinavian, meaning "beloved"
    Fallon - unisex. this one is Irish, meaning "grandchild of the ruler"
    Rohan - one of my personal crushes at the moment. Sanskrit, meaning "ascending", "medicine", or "one who takes the higher path". Also Irish meaning "red-haired", and a Tolkien reference to the grasslands owned by the famed Riders
    Argo - similar to Hugo in sound. Greek, meaning "swift"...the mythological ship on which Jason and his Argonauts traveled on their quest for the Golden Fleece. Also a constellation of the same.
    Leo - Lion, sign of the Zodiac
    Zion Nathaniel ~ Solomon Fable ~ Balthazar Wolf ~ Malachi Sparrow nn Kai ~ Tobias Rowan ~ Endymion _____ nn Ender ~ Caspian _____
    Alice Willow ~ Ophelia Wren ~ Lucia Pearl ~ Eve Wisteria nn Evie ~ Cosima Rose ~ River _____

GPs
    Narnia Rose, Luna Seraphine, Astoria nn Story, Illyria, Serafina, Soraya, Faerydae
    Orion Melchior North, Tobias Loki, Edmund, Frost, Oberon, Kenshin, Remiel, Atreyu