Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    It's just "O-suhl" ..uh. I'm bad at describing pronunciations. Emphasis on the first syllable. Long O as in "Oh dear me!" Ösel nearly rhymes with yodel or woeful. No idea why the umlaut, but I am not one to turn my nose up at an umlaut.

Quote Originally Posted by emmabobemma View Post
    It's just "O-suhl" ..uh. I'm bad at describing pronunciations. Emphasis on the first syllable. Long O as in "Oh dear me!" Ösel nearly rhymes with yodel or woeful. No idea why the umlaut, but I am not one to turn my nose up at an umlaut.
    Oh, that makes more sense. I was saying "Oh-sell." Still a cool name!
    My cherished daughter, Rowan Jane. ~b. 10/2011~

Sawyer ~ Aven ~ Elowen ~ Sage ~ Eilonwy ~ Eleanor
    Morgan ~ Asher ~ ___ ~ ___ ~ Currently trying to fill the blanks...

Trying for #2 in January 2014.

Well, with a Tibetan accent it might be more like Oh-sell. I say it fast, with a plinketaplunketa American accent, which makes it sound as mundane as Otis.

Quote Originally Posted by emmabobemma View Post
    Well, with a Tibetan accent it might be more like Oh-sell. I say it fast, with a plinketaplunketa American accent, which makes it sound as mundane as Otis.
    Aw, Americans have cool accents too we just can't hear them. I've had people from California treat me like an alien because of my Southern accent, haha.
    My cherished daughter, Rowan Jane. ~b. 10/2011~

Sawyer ~ Aven ~ Elowen ~ Sage ~ Eilonwy ~ Eleanor
    Morgan ~ Asher ~ ___ ~ ___ ~ Currently trying to fill the blanks...

Trying for #2 in January 2014.

You guys are great

rowan - I absolutely LOVE Shiloh! Malachi and Micah are on my current list, and I have a friend who goes by Kismet. Thanks for the great ideas! (side note: my Georgia relatives call me a Yankee because apparently I don't have ENOUGH of a Southern accent. Go figure!)

otter - YAY! Long lists are the bomb ^_^ I had no idea that Argo meant swift, and somehow I also missed the fact that it's a constellation! This one is definitely going on the list, along with Altair, Asphodel, Elysium, Gwydion, Heron, Lucius, Magus, Midir (son of the Dagda! love it), Nimith ("to cause to appear by magic" is probably one of the most awesome meanings ever), Osprey, and Rhun (Tolkien Quenya for east and love the similarity to the word name Rune). I love the sound of Sihir and that it means all sorts of magicky things, but a Google search indicates negative connotations...that it's like Islamic black magic/possession? Yarrow, Rowan, Silver, and Sol are already on the list. I like Triskelion, Oisin, and Prospero too.

emms - oh my gosh, you nailed it! Osel is beautiful, I love the meaning. Cobalt is so vivid and evocative. I love your point about Leander, he just rose several levels in my estimation. Oceanus is vast and dreamy...one of my favorites, reminds me of my long-time GP Morpheus (how can one not love the idea of naming one's child "shaper of dreams"??). Ronin is fabulous as well! Rurouni was another long-time favorite due to the Kenshin anime/manga, for which I have mad crazy love. Ajax and Agathangelo aren't my particular cup of tea, but the rest of these are wonderful! (I love the flow of Zion Nathaniel, but you're right, he's pretty intense)

Thanks so much, you three!
    Zion Nathaniel ~ Solomon Fable ~ Balthazar Wolf ~ Malachi Sparrow nn Kai ~ Ender _____ ~ Caspian _____ ~ Tobias _____
    Alice Willow ~ Ophelia Fawn or Ophelia Wren ~ Lucia Pearl ~ Eve Wisteria nn Evie ~ and second-guessing River Selene

GPs
    Cirina Wryn, Narnia Rose, Luna Seraphine, Parthenia Nyx, Astoria, Illyria, Gwyneira, Farasha, Serafina, Senara, Soraya, Faerydae
    Orion Melchior North, Tobias Loki, Edmund, Frost, Oberon, Hawthorne, Kenshin, Bastion, Remiel, Atreyu