Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I have NO idea who these people are - but I hate Hero as a name.

It surprises me that Holly Madison's Rainbow gets a more frosty reception than Hero - especially for a girl, such a masculine sounding name.

There's a UK based "celebrity" who named her daughter Hero too - I hated it then as well
    Hi! I'm Hayley

Currrent Favourite Names:

Malin Winter ~ Cadence Louisa ~ Bryony Rose ~ Bronwen Coralie ~ Autumn Raine ~ Lakyn Wren ~ Temperance Rae ~ Tierney Dot ~

Tyne William Henry ~ Macaulay ~ Lorne ~ Tiernan ~ Logan ~ Lane ~ Deacon ~ Regan ~ [I]

Check out my honest blog on the highs & lows of pregnancy - Sparkles & Stretchmarks

Hero gets its credentials as a legitimate name from Shakespeare: Much Ado About Nothing features a heroine named Hero!
    Current Favorites

Girls: Susannah, Mahalia, Tosca, Cassia, Jerusha, Jewel, Rose, Dove, Kate, and Eve
    Boys: Gideon, Gabriel, Rafael, Dominic, Benedict, Sam, Desmond, Theodore, Tobias, and Sebastian
    Guilty Pleasures: Aurelia, Cosima, Eowyn, Neytiri, Rukia / Remy, Gryffin, Gareth, Eddard, and Judah

Well, and what about the lady Hero from the Greek story of Hero and Leander? Isn't that the first literary use of the name? It seems strange to me that the word hero entered our language with a very masculine, "Superman" image, but given that image it does seem oddly macho on a girl. I also dislike Peregrine on a girl. However, Hero Peregrine is a pretty good followup to Brave Little Wing.
    "He telleth the number of the stars; He calleth them all by their names."
    Psalm 147:4

Still dreaming:
    Tobias Rory Benjamin ~ Crispin Isaiah ~ Ransom Horatio ~ Lucius Olórin ~ James Deliverance
    Una Marguerite/Oona Sylvestra ~ Jessamyn Agnes ~ Branwen Evangeline ~ Alice Emmanuelle ~ Christiana Linnet

Quote Originally Posted by hayleyinwonderland View Post
    I have NO idea who these people are - but I hate Hero as a name.

It surprises me that Holly Madison's Rainbow gets a more frosty reception than Hero - especially for a girl, such a masculine sounding name.

There's a UK based "celebrity" who named her daughter Hero too - I hated it then as well
    The UK Based celebrity is Myleene Klaas and the baby is Hero Haper a sister to Ava Bailey. I like it but no idea who they are.
    Cassarah proud mummy bear to: Persephone Elizabeth Rose aka Persey aged 2
    Step mummy to the darling Rhylee Isabella and Emmersyn Maree aged 5
    Expecting baby number 4.
    A girl will Juniper Cleo Sawyer aka Juno
    A boy will be Tobias William Jack aka Toby

Isn't Hero as the Shakespearian name meant to be said differently to hero the word? The former more like Herro - Hello but with Rs in, and the latter Hear-oh.

Anna Katherine * Lydia Ellen * Zoe Madeleine * Phoebe ___ * Imogen ___ * Emilia ___
    Samuel * Thomas * Charlie * Reuben * Oliver * George