Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    I love the name Ignatious, and at one time it was a strong contender on my many lists. But I gave up on it for the soul reason that my mom mentioned a rockstar that was once named Ignatious. It sort of lost it's spark for me after that, but I continue to love the name Iggy, and I think that it is a lovely choise and that you should 100% go for it if you really do love it as much as you say you do!

Quote Originally Posted by maltee View Post
    My husband and I are thinking of naming our son Ignatius James. My husband loves this name and is almost dead-set on it unless I say no. I actually really like it, but I'm worried it might be too cumbersome for a real boy.
    I did a google search and there were a few people named Ignatius James so I would say it works in the real world quite well! I also thing it's a nice name, I think Nate would be a good nn.
    Josephine Athénaïs - Josephine Ivy - Myriam Athénaïs - Vivienne Josephine
    Athena Beatrice - Beatrice Cecile - Eléonor Anne-Sophie -Myriam Beatrice - Meredith Elizabeth
    Ambrose Aristide - Ulysses Aristide

Girls: Aenor, Bérangère, Bérénice, Catalina, Honorine, Nadezhda Boys: Augustin, Calixte, Emeric, Hugo, Lambert, Maxandre, Maxence, Yves

~~Formerly know on the boards as The.TX.Belle~~

I really love the name and would love to meet a little Ignatius James. Quite a few people mentioned they don't like Iggy as a nn. I am not sure your feelings on Iggy, but my instincts tell me that would end up being his nn whether or not you like it. It just feels and sounds very natural to me to shorten Ignatius to Iggy or Ig. I personally think Iggy is a great nn, but some people disagree. I think it's a factor worth considering if you do chose this fabulous name for your son.

Personally, I'd rather be a boy named Ignatius than a boy named Francis or Augustine. I quite like Ignatius and think Iggy is cute, and I agree with previous posters that Nate is a good tame nickname option.

I also really like the Spanish version, Ignacio, because you can get the nn Nacho from it.
    Gwen
    (film student, name nerd, regular nerd, bad influence)

Current favorites:
    Ismay Cleo Sybella Ailsa Iphigenia
    Prosper Sirius August Malcolm Zephyr

I love it! Iggy or Nate would be a great nickname! I'd say if you like it, go for it!