Names Searched Right Now:

Gloucester Old Spot Piglets

We're trying our hand at pigs this year, to keep the chooks, turkeys and cows company. We have three female piglets on the way. They are an old heritage breed, sweet spotty piggies. Here's what they look like http://www.emmaspigs.co.uk/GOS.shtml . Thank goodness I'll be able to tell them apart!

I'm thinking something classic, regal, maybe Shakespearian for these ladies.

Portia --without a doubt, it means pig!
    Godiva -- so decadent!

But what else? I can't think of anything quite right...
    Giselle
    Blythe
    Viola

What do you think?

NOTE: Papa Owlett has informed me that we are only getting two, so Portia and Godiva it is! I just can't figure out how to delete this post.
    Last edited by owlett; April 7th, 2013 at 04:16 PM.

Hope your lovely babies arrived safely! The names are perfect. Someday we will have chickens and sheep. Can't wait for retirement or to move to a home with some land.

Enjoy your newest additions

I'm gonna see if I can live vicariously through you here (said to DH "Ooh, let's get a pig!" He laughed so hard I thought he'd pee his pants until he looked up and said, "Oh, you were serious?!")

I think either Petunia or Olive would be perfect! But Blythe and Godiva are lovely, too, of course.

They are such sweet girls. We settled on Portia and Viola and as they are breeding stock we will continue with Shakespearian names.
    Thanks ladies!
    Mama to Belle & Pip
    Wife, mother, farmer, friend and doula.