Names Searched Right Now:

Threaded View

Had our top boy/girl names set, but now feeling iffy on girl choice. Need advice!

Shortly before we started TTC our second baby(due in August) we began talking about names again and came up with new lists. We ended up deciding on Claire for the girl choice and that was about well before I got pregnant. Like maybe 7 months before? We had a list of 6 girl names and hubby and I put them in order (separately) 1 being favorite 6 being least favorite. We both had Claire as #3 so we bumped it to #1 and decided we liked it a lot. Well fast forward to now(I'm about 18 weeks along, finding out gender in 2 1/2 weeks) and am feeling iffy on Claire just a tiny bit. I am not sure if it has to do with that fact we had it decided on for so long so it doesn't feel fresh? Or maybe because I have a cousin who used it recently(I never see or talk to her and we live very far away) I know I could still use it if it is THE ONE. Which I have thought up until recently.

I guess I'm just wondering if anyone is in or has been in this situation? Did you pick a new name? Not worry about it until birth? Did you just stop thinking about it for a while so it felt fresh again? I'm not sure how to sort out my feelings. As far as I know, my DH still wants it. And there aren't any other names I love that I would rather use, I don't think. I really like Sophia and Kate and planned on Sophia Kate for a second girl if we ever had one. I'm just confused! Any help appreciated! :Thanks!

Thought I'd add that we decided on Avery for the boy and I still feel super set on that and no doubts at all.
    Mom to Cuyler Reese Holcomb and anxiously awaiting Avery Daniel Alexander in August 2013!

Girls: Claire Elisabeth Louisa, Sophia Adelaide Kate, Elise Madeleine Joy, Zoe Anneliese Jayne, Juliet Amelia Rose

Boys: Asher Morgan James, Morgan Everett Nathaniel, Weston Jude Elias, Gabriel