Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What exactly is wrong with the name Jemima?

I LOVE the name Jemima. I love that it means "dove" and its connections with a lovely childhood story (Chitty Chitty Bang Bang). I think nicknames Jem, Jemma, Mimi, and Mima are cute. I know a lot of people have problems with this name being offensive, and I have some idea of what this is about - but I have never seen anyone actually explain what is so wrong and offensive with Jemima.

Oh gosh, not another. Read this- http://nameberry.com/nametalk/thread...es-Jemima-work
    Sorry, I don't mean to be rude, but save yourself the trouble of starting another one of these.

Current loves:
    thomasina louise, percival hugh

. ∙ ˙ . ∙ ˙  ✶  . ∙ ˙ . ∙ ˙

♥  ❝Words have meaning and names have power.❞

Quote Originally Posted by balloonsforellie View Post
    Oh gosh, not another. Read this- http://nameberry.com/nametalk/thread...es-Jemima-work
    Sorry, I don't mean to be rude, but save yourself the trouble of starting another one of these.
    Agreed. I was just coming here to post the same link.
    Simon Valor | Eloise Lily | Judah Sage | Thea Marina | Felix Orion | Iris Cordelia | Roscoe Benjamin | Lydia Wren | Jasper Conroy | Phaedra Naomi | Adrian Bruno | Lucinda 'Indie' Jane | Wallace Finnegan | Sylvie Winifred | Charles 'Charlie' Elliot | Juniper Faye | Julian 'Jules' Atlas | Matilda Sailor | Marlowe Charles | Alice Elizabeth | Jack Mariner | Marigold 'Maggie' Susan

Just a grad student, dreaming ahead...

I don't know. I'm Australian and love it but my two year old watches alot of Playschool and loves Jemima so I could never use it.
    Cassarah proud mummy bear to: Persephone Elizabeth Rose aka Persey aged 2
    Step mummy to the darling Rhylee Isabella and Emmersyn Maree aged 5
    Expecting baby number 4.
    A girl will Juniper Cleo Sawyer aka Juno
    A boy will be Tobias William Jack aka Toby

I would read the link other people have listed but want to note outside of the US Jemima is not a problem, in the US it's controversial and not usable to some of us.
    Josephine Athénaïs - Josephine Ivy - Myriam Athénaïs - Vivienne Josephine
    Athena Beatrice - Beatrice Cecile - Eléonor Anne-Sophie -Myriam Beatrice - Meredith Elizabeth
    Ambrose Aristide - Ulysses Aristide

Girls: Aenor, Bérangère, Bérénice, Catalina, Honorine, Nadezhda Boys: Augustin, Calixte, Emeric, Hugo, Lambert, Maxandre, Maxence, Yves

~~Formerly know on the boards as The.TX.Belle~~