Names Searched Right Now:

Please help us come up with a name for our future dog!

We will be getting a Boston Terrier puppy soon, right now we have one named Roxy. I would like a name that sounds good with it but so far my Husband and I can't agree on one. This is my list so far, I know a lot of people have problems with human names but my husband and I aren't sure we will ever be able to have children so this is sort of my outlet for names. Some of them are on my kids list but if anything the names I would choose for a dog would be used as a mn for a kid and I don't have a problem with that. I ask that you just help which ever sounds best with Roxy

Sasha (he wants to veto this)
    Athena (could present problems if we ever have a kid with this name but I LOVE it)
    Ivy
    Maya
    Yvonne (his random, weird pic)
    Bella
    Nina

Would love new suggestions, TIA!
    Last edited by agent99; March 6th, 2013 at 06:21 PM.
    Josephine Athénaïs - Josephine Ivy - Myriam Athénaïs - Vivienne Josephine
    Athena Beatrice - Beatrice Cecile - Eléonor Anne-Sophie -Myriam Beatrice - Meredith Elizabeth
    Ambrose Aristide - Ulysses Aristide

Girls: Aenor, Bérangère, Bérénice, Catalina, Honorine, Nadezhda Boys: Augustin, Calixte, Emeric, Hugo, Lambert, Maxandre, Maxence, Yves

~~Formerly know on the boards as The.TX.Belle~~

I like Roxy and Maya. My second choice would be Bella but she seems so much more subdued than Roxy, Maya has more spunk.

Other suggestions:
    Elva
    Onyx
    Kiara
    Vita

Also: Take a look at your GP list. Something great is probably on there!!!
    ...if my husbands has no vote, then....
    Endora & Lorelei / Dexter & Gideon
    ...we are newlyweds and not trying...yet...

I would steer clear of naming a dog something you might want to name a future kid. I totally get being eager to use a name you love, but that strikes me as something to tread carefully over... So I'd eliminate Athena. I'd also probably take off Sasha and Yvonne if one of the two of you doesn't care for it.

Roxy is spritely, feminine, and feisty. I think Maya is the best fit overall: short, spunk, and different from Roxy in sound but similar in style. I love Nina, but think Nina sounds too classic and sweet. Bella makes me think of Twilight. I like Ivy pretty well, but find it a little close to Roxy. Roxy and Maya are fab!

Love the suggestion of Vita. Also like:
    Daphne
    Cleo/Clio
    Jinx
    Lola
    Nova
    Zara
    Piper

I really like Ivy and Maya off your list. I think they both sound cute with Roxy.

I love your username, by the way. Get Smart fan?