Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I like all of your ideas. I particularly like Helena or Louisa as a sibset with Margot.

Veera
    Aletta
    Anneke
    Karin
    Lisette
    Sabine
    Simone
    Sylvia
    Griet
    Lieve
    Saskia
    Elina
    Kaija (KY-ya)
    Berthina
    Adala
    Adelena
    Analiese
    Emaline
    Evalina
    Gisela
    Klara
    Liesl
    Lotte
    Rosamond
    Anything appeal?

Unfortunately nameberry's international lists are lacking. You can find more information on these names on the baby names world website.

Quote Originally Posted by tiffyl321 View Post
    Picking our daughter's name, Margot Carolina (14 months), was relatively easy. We named her after my grandmother, Grietje Carolina. Margot and Grietje are both variants of Margaret. We settled on her name the day we found out she was she and never looked back.

Now, we're expecting baby number two! I'm almost 12 weeks, but we're going to need every week we can get to name this little one if it's a girl. We're pretty decided if it's a boy - Thijs Gerardus. Though, we've also tossed around Magnus as well, though that would leave us stumped on a middle name seeing we plan to honor my father with Gerardus if its a boy.

I'm stumped on girl names. I'm just really picky and there is so much I don't like. My husband somewhat leaves it up to me, which I realize makes me incredibly lucky in a way! He's just not picky, but doesn't like too common of names. We also both like names that go well with our heritage which, between the two of us we have a mix of Dutch, Norwegian, Finnish and German.

The middle name for a girl will be Sam. That is set in stone and we want something that goes ok with it. Sam is my husbands late grandfather and it's wildly important to him if we have another girl. I realize not all names we love with flow with that, but honoring his grandfather is very important. To us, honoring him is more important than a perfect name flow.

So here's my short list of what I actually do like. I'm curious if you can all offer suggestions of other names to consider too based on my likes.

Mathilda
    Eloise
    Myrthe (Meer-tuh)
    Helena (Helen-uh)
    Louisa

Thank you all so much.
    Adela, Beatrice, Berthe, Beryl, Calliope, Celeste, Cleo, Evangeline, Grete, Guinevere, Isadora, Ivanna, Leonie, Lilac, Lisette, Lucienne, Maelle, Marilla, Marisol, Mathilde, Maude, Melina, Ottoline, Paulina, Pascale, Rosalind, Sibyl, Tatiana, Xanthe, Yulia, Zara, Zinnia.
    Alasdair, Alcott, Anders, Augustine, Barnaby, Benoit, Desmond, Eliot, Evander, Felix, Gilbert, Graham, Hugo, Jonah, Julian, Kyrill, Leif, Lev, Malcolm, Maxfield, Morgan, Montgomery, Orion, Orlando, Pascal, Rhys, Roman

My favs from your list are Eloise and Louisa but neither of them really go with Sam. Maybe Elodie instead? Elodie and Margot sound cute together!
    I'm surprised and excited by your boy name choice of Thijs! My new married last name is Thys and they are varients of each other, I think. My husband is real southern and pronounces it like "thighs".

Thank you all! There are some names here definitely worth considering. There are a few names that we wanted to consider that have been listed.

Lotte, Sanne and Griet. However, Lotte is a the name of a dear friend, Sanne is a cousin on both sides of my family and Griet, well, my daughter is named after my grandmother Grietje, which is the nickname for that, which also means Pearl, like Margot. So that's out.

We like Astrid, but I don't like the Ass sound in the beginning. Klara is nice, but a little too common around here. I want to like Saskia, but I just don't. See, I'm SO picky. I'm really leaning toward Eloise but I am afraid it will become too popular. I'm not a fan of anything that ends in y, ie, etc. Why am I such a pain in the rear with names!?

Thanks for your response. Some more ideas...
    Agathe
    Birgitte
    Freya/Freija
    Cecille
    Alida
    Amalia
    Celina
    Corina
    Henriette
    Ilse/Ilsa
    Isane
    Johanna