Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Adelvice

Adelvice

I saw the name Adelvice on the homepage.

I'm assuming it's supposed to be a variation of Edelweiss, though the only information Nameberry lists is a variation on Adelaide.

To me this just seems like a misspelling of edelweiss. What do you think?
    The Future Littles:
    Delaney Lynne, Mallory June, Bridget Victoria, Rachel MarloweBrandon Erich, Daniel Kent, Nolan ____

I think you're right: Adelvice is a terrible misspelling of Edelweiss. Nameberry has a lot of incorrect information on their website. And what sane parent would want the word "vice" in a child's name?
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Quote Originally Posted by mischa View Post
    I think you're right: Adelvice is a terrible misspelling of Edelweiss. Nameberry has a lot of incorrect information on their website. And what sane parent would want the word "vice" in a child's name?

I agree. There's a fair amount of misinformation on here, and the vice part is just too prominent.
    Laurel - 2O - Aries - Slytherin - University of Toronto

-------
    Newest thoughts for little ones: Angelo - Caspian - Eden | Isabela - Brisa - Gisele

I'm surprised that Adelvice is listed, but Edelweiss, a legitmate word isn't, especially with more unique flower names becoming more popular.
    The Future Littles:
    Delaney Lynne, Mallory June, Bridget Victoria, Rachel MarloweBrandon Erich, Daniel Kent, Nolan ____

I want to say I have seen Adelvice on an old census record? Maybe it was Adelvise? Hmmm....I'll have to go see what I can dig up.