Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    I think Declan James is fabulous! I find Declan Jameson a little more awkward to say because of the repeated 'n', but I don't think that should be a deal breaker. Declan had a little popularity spike where I live about 10 years ago, but it's been familiar but not popular since. I doubt it will be the next 'Ayden' juggernaut.

Good luck :-)
    Last edited by etkatie; March 4th, 2013 at 09:36 PM. Reason: typos
    Katie
    Happily married to a fabulous but completely-not-interested-in-names guy.

Mum to:

Gebriael Geoffrey Edwin Keith (01/02/05)
    Roscoe Geoffrey Yohannes (09/04/08)
    Cormac Geoffrey Adisu (02/08/11)
    Boaz Geoffrey Mekonnen (04/07/13)

I don't love Declan. But I never really understood why others do. I think if you have loved this name for a long time you should still consider using it. Your love for a name should always trump popularity concerns.

Jameson is perfect as a middle name for a little boy whose fathers name is James. It really would honor your husband is a cool and very traditional way.
    CONSTRUCTION ZONE!!!
    maybe Endora, Dexter, Gideon & Lorelei
    Newlywed (Not TTC...yet)

James is only a filler when there is no family significance or special meaning behind the name except for we both like it.

I do see Declan as quite trendy. I know a little 3 year old with the name. I'd never heard of it before meeting him. It's definitely very popular on NB.

In all honesty, I really don't like it. To me, it sounds like "decline" and gives me a mental picture of a deck chair on a lawn.

Jameson is okay. I love that it has meaning to you, and while the -son thing is quite trendy, as a mn and as a name with meaning I think it's definitely something that could work well for you.
    Olivia/Livia/Livy/Liv : Thessaly/Darah/Bethel : Noelle/Eve
    Benedict/Eli: Jude/Zane: Luke/Darius : Levi/Phineas/Calvin

You are over thinking this IMO. I don't see Declan becoming the new Aiden... Not even a little bit. Jameson and James will always be popular, well because they're fillers. I'm only 17 so I had no idea about the alcohol connection, but considering how common James and Jameson are for middle names I really don't see the problem.