Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Rugged, spiritual middle for Zion

My husband and I have long been in agreement that the name of our first son will be Zion. The name came to me in a dream when I was a teenager, and it was a very spiritual experience. I've always had it paired with Anthony or Nathaniel, and it's only in the past two years or so that I've built up the rest of my list and really discovered my naming style. Now with potential siblings Alice Willow, Ophelia Fawn, and Solomon Fable, as well as Caspian and Lucy, my Zion combos just don't seem to fit in. They're too solemn, too flat, and too traditional.

I love word names especially in the middle slot. In this particular case, I'm also drawn to names with spiritual meanings, pertaining to enlightenment, connection, truth, etc.

I'd love to capture the imagery and feelings from my original dream: Impossibly tall, rugged, craggy mountains cloaked in brilliant white snow, crisp air as cold and clear as water, and a sort of deep breathless silence, a sense of presence, of the divine. I'm not sure if that can all be summed up into one name, but I'd like to try.

Thanks Berries! You guys are the best
    Zion Nathaniel ~ Solomon Fable ~ Balthazar Wolf ~ Malachi Sparrow nn Kai ~ Tobias Rowan ~ Caspian _____
    Alice Willow ~ Ophelia Wren ~ Juliet Snow ~ Lucia Pearl ~ Eve Wisteria nn Evie ~ Cosima Rose ~ River Seraphine ~ Elowen Briar

GPs
    Narnia Rose, Astoria nn Story, Illyria, Serafina, Soraya, Faerydae
    Orion Melchior North, Tobias Loki, Edmund, Frost, Oberon, Kenshin, Remiel, Atreyu

Ooh, love the imagery. Westfall is the only thing I can think of right now. I think Zion Westfall would sound nice.

I'll have a hunting party and see what I come up with. Pregnancy brain is bad though, so don't count on too much
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

You're looking for something literally numinous.

Why not Zion Numitor?
    Blade, MD

XY: Antoine Raphael
    XX: Cassia Viviane Noor

Aurea * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Fleur * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrrine * Rosamond * Seraphine * Sylvana * Thea * Verity / Blaise * Cyprian * Evander * Jules * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Quentin * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan _ Farah / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Tariq

mom to Mckinley Mayfair, Christian Wayne & Sir Angus Fionn
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    fave girls
    fave boys
    fave combos
    just for fun combos

Ooh, Athos is very good. Do you know about Mt Athos?
    Blade, MD

XY: Antoine Raphael
    XX: Cassia Viviane Noor

Aurea * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Fleur * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrrine * Rosamond * Seraphine * Sylvana * Thea * Verity / Blaise * Cyprian * Evander * Jules * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Quentin * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan _ Farah / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Tariq