Names Searched Right Now:
Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast
    First of all, I'm excited that perhaps we can transition from name consultation to wedding dress consultation here. I think it will greatly cushion the naming-hangover we'll all feel when your baby is actually born and named. "Ottilie had her baby - oh what a letdown!" Kidding!

Secondly, I am loving all of your names. I vote for Zenobia Beatrice Marian. The non-A-endings allow Zenobia to be the most elaborately feminine of the three. It's somehow made more delicate by the surety of Beatrice and Marian. Plus that "bia-bea" sound is pretty cool.
    The only one that I'm a tiny bit mixed on is Rosalind Illyria Isolde. Three gorgeous names, but to my ears, exquisite Illyria is getting lost amid all the I and L sounds. I think she might be better highlighted by a third name with slightly more bite or contrast.

Just switching it to Rosalind Illyria Yseult gives it more bite. Or something like...

Rosalind Illyria Dione ("DIE-uh-nee" or "Die-OH-nee") for contrast.
    Rosalind Illyria Endellion is gentler, but still gives the tongue someowhere to land.
    Rosalind Illyria Leonor (still repetitive, but more distinct. The only version of Eleanor I love. Well Lenore too I suppose.)
    Rosalind Illyria Gwenllian (bring her back!)
    Rosalind Illyria Psyche (ooh la la! And her initials would be RIPE)
    Rosalind Illyria Maud (Maud always gets a mixed reception here, but I find her so beautiful and queenly.)

Rosalind Illyria Susilva I know I know another A-ending, but I had to mention Susilva to you. "Below the forest." Or...
    Rosalind Illyria Sylvaine
    Rosalind Illyria Mnemosyne
    Rosalind Illyria Luned
    Rosalind Illyria Clarice (a palate-cleanser)

Mhm, I half way agree with you, Emma. There's a lot of i's in that name. And I do like Rosalind Illyria Psyche very much. Or maybe Rosalind Illyria Circe?

Quote Originally Posted by emmabobemma View Post
    First of all, I'm excited that perhaps we can transition from name consultation to wedding dress consultation here. I think it will greatly cushion the naming-hangover we'll all feel when your baby is actually born and named. "Ottilie had her baby - oh what a letdown!" Kidding!
    Haha, yeah, I can see that being an issue. Wedding dresses, here we come!
    Last edited by ottilie; March 9th, 2013 at 07:15 AM.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

And no is too keen on Zenobia. I think it's so cute, and my boyfriend has lots of Cornish family, so it has a nice relation to that. Also, I have a little fantasy at the moment of having children called Foo, Roo and Zoo (Fiammetta, Rosalind/Robin & Zenobia)... I also picture a sweet little girl with blonde plaits playing peek-a-boo and climbing trees. I'm keeping it despite your feelings
    Ooh! Now I understand your love for Zenobia the imagery really helped seeing it as a little girls name. It's actually quite lovely.
    I adore your Rosalind, Fiammetta and Zenobia Beatrice combos

Thank you! I know it's a little weird, but I like it! Zenobia Beatrice Marian.

I've been listening to Cocteau Twins, and I thought of...

Rosalind Illyria Phoebe (or Belphoebe for that matter)

So Phoebe, Isolde (Yseult?), Circe, Psyche... Clio, Olwen?
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]