Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Hi Ottilie

I just want to say that I admire the thought and love that you put into your names. I'm have a vintage, classic naming style so my thoughts will probably be very different to yours. I'm not as concerned about the middle names because middle names are very personal and full of meaning.

Fiammetta Ophelia Yvaine - This is my favourite name for you. I love Fiammetta. It's fun to say, easy to pronounce and looks pretty on paper. It feels very feminine and is earthed by the spunky nickname Fia. I think this name is perfect yet not confusing. It feels normal while being completely unusual.

Cressida Iris Amoret - My second favourite of your names. It is completely usable and easy to pronounce and spell. I think Cressida (having the hard Cr) is just not my style so I'm simply not liking it as much as Fiammetta.

Gilda Elettra Rosalind - A simple elegant name. Personally I prefer Rosalind Gilda Elettra because Gilda to me sounds a little harsh and hefty (think Hilda, Wilda). Gilda makes me think of Matilda. Matilda Elettra Rosalind would make me swoon.

Illyria Charis Marian - Illyria sounds very pretty. I'm not as excited about this name because it begins with the word Ill.

Hespera, Polyhymnia and Zenobia are a bit more courageous and are very unexpected. (You were asking about normalness). Polyhymina reminds me of hymen. Zenobia reminds of a character that should be in Hercules or Xena the warrior princess and Hespera I'm on the fence. I would change the order around to make these combinations still beautiful and bring up the same imagery but the first names would be more approachable.

Daphne Hespera Arden - I love, love, love Daphne. How I would like to meet a little Daphne. My love comes from a friend I know who is in her late 50s who taught me to arrange flowers.

Viola Polyhymnia Elaine or Elaine Polyhymnia Viola - Elaine and Viola are both lovely names that aren't very popular.

Isolde Zenobia Perdita - Truth be told I'm not a fan of any of these names but if I had to pick I'ld pick Isolde.

I'm basing this mostly on first names, since that's what your (real ) little girl will be called by anyway.

Cressida Iris Amoret - Cressida has been growing on me recently. I like it!
    Fiammetta Ophelia Yvaine - what a lot of name! I feel Fiammetta is a lot for a little girl to handle, and for an adult to explain, though it does sound happy and wearing a tutu.
    Gilda Elettra Rosalind - Gilda has been growing on me recently too. I feel like Gilda and Elettra crash into one another a bit. Gilda Rosalind Elettra might flow better.
    Hespera Daphne Arden - reminds me of Diaspora
    Illyria Charis Marian - ...how do you pronounce this?
    Polyhymnia Viola Elaine - poly what? Polyhymn...many hymns? This sounds more like a science than a name. But Viola Elaine is lovely
    Zenobia Perdita Isolde - I think of xenophobia, which stinks because Zenobia sounds more legit than most Z names.
    Proud author of Kissimmee, Orlando, Mary, Adam, Mississippi, Micah, Georgette, Evelyn, Diane, Millicent, Maybeline, Prudence and so many many more

Hmm. Well, if you're looking for more "normal" names that also happen to be in literature, mythology, or history, then I have some different suggestions for you. I wouldn't really call your name choices right now exactly "normal," plus I can see a lot of mispronunciation mistakes in your future. Some more names that are a bit more common, yet still unique:

Viola (Shakespeare)
    Athena (mythology)
    Echo (mythology)
    Celia (Shakespeare)
    Imogen (Shakespeare)
    Ophelia (Shakespeare)
    Cordelia (Shakespeare)
    Beatrice (Shakespeare)
    Artemis (mythology)
    Juno (mythology)
    Betsy (history)
    Eleanor (history)
    Amelia (history)
    Rosa (history)

Good luck! I hope you find a name you love for your baby!

From your list I prefer:
    -Hespera Daphne Arden, I had never heard the name Hespera but it is really pretty sounding and should be easy for others to say and spell. Great name!
    -Gilda Elettra Rosalind, I had never heard of Gilda either but it is very beautiful and I love the three names together.

Those are my two favorites from your list, my least favorite would probably be Cressida, for some reason I just don't really like this name.

Good luck!

My favorite is Cressida. It sounds lovely, so simple but sweet and springy. I think it will do best in day to day life. I would love to see Rosalind in the first name spot, or even Rosamund.
    Proud mother to Susannah Corinne, due April 4th, 2013