Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Usable?

Usable?

So I understand that these are all "real" names, but do you actually consider them usable here (in the US)? Would you think they'd invoke teasing or be too foreign? Do you love them and say pffffft to those who don't like them?

Emile
    Etienne
    Ilya

(Child would also have French citizenship, but they'd be living in the US...and this is all theoretical, no baby on board!)
    Switching careers and becoming an RN! Sadly mommy plans will have to wait until that's done. Still loving names though!

I live in Canada where Etienne and Emile are middle aged and not super uncommon. I would consider them very usable. Not sure about in the US though. Ilya (which I really like) might be a little harder to pull off unless you have some Russian heritage.
    Ttc a baby brother or sister for Luther Wolf!

Emile/Emil for sure is usable.
    Etienne doesn't sound bad. I'm not sure about the pronunciation, if pronounced with a french accent it might work but I'm not sure how an american will see it.
    Ilya - I'm such a fan but unfortunately I don't think anyone'll ever get it. It's the 'y' that bothers me here. I think its other variations might be usable though, Ilie for example or Ilia.
    Girls: Neva, Hope, Katherine, Harlow, Vivienne, Florence, Grace, Nalha, Primrose, Arabella, Isla.

Boys: Nicholas, Luke, Stephen, Leon, John, William, Henry, Victor, Fredrich, Rainer, Simon, Felix.

Emile would be okay. Etienne sounds a bit feminine to me, somehow. Ilya would also be okay.
    Audrey - Beatrice - Clara - Daphne - Flora - Jane - Mabel - Susannah

Arthur - Barnaby - Edward - Frederick - Henry - Rupert - Theodore - Walter

My younger brother has a friend named Ilya and I don't think he has ever had trouble with his name. He is of Russian descent, I believe.
    ~Izzy, looking for a new nickname
    Currently Loving: Romilly, Esme, Piper, Helia, Scout..Rhett, Colin, Rhys, Adrian, Jonah