Names Searched Right Now:

Thread: Help with list?

Help with list?

Hi Everyone, my husband and I are in the process of picking a boys name for our second son. Our first is named Miles. I would love ANY input you have on our top names:

Locke - I like the name Lachlan but we would always call him Locke, so have fallen in love it.
    Row - My husband loves for the same reason - we were looking at Rowan but would always shorten it to Row.
    Lev - This is a new favourite - I love that it means lion-hearted (Leo was on our list but it's getting popular in our circle)...if we had a girl we would have named her Neve, but I'm not sure that we'll have more children so Lev also gives me the "ev" sound that I love.

Any thoughts? Zev and Finn were also on our short-list. We have some members of our family that will hate the name no matter what we pick (and will be very vocal) which makes it even harder...

Thanks!

I like Locke, but I'm not a fan of Lachlan but either way it's a really nice choice.
    Row sounds really cute. I really like the R nicnames like Ray, Red, Roy etc. so Row seems very cool to me.
    Lev is my favo from the bunch. I think it's really strong and masculine and at the same time it's unusual. There is also Liev which I find really cute.

Zev sounds weird to me. Like it is not complete.
    I like Finn. You might also consider Flynn.
    Girls: Neva, Hope, Katherine, Harlow, Vivienne, Florence, Grace, Nalha, Primrose, Arabella, Isla.

Boys: Nicholas, Luke, Stephen, Leon, John, William, Henry, Victor, Fredrich, Rainer, Simon, Felix.

So it seems you prefer short names?
    Have you considered Theo as an alternative to Leo?
    I also have some other suggestions:
    Seb (short for Sebastian)
    Seth/Zeth
    Leon
    Trey
    Lee
    Tye/Kye
    Jet

You mentioned the "ev" sound, how about:
    Dev/Devin/Devlin
    Keve
    Reeve
    Levi
    Seven
    Bev/Bevin

I Hope that helps

I love Locke, Rowan, & Lef.

Lef: What about: Leif, Leofdaeg (means Loveday)

Locke: What about: Sherlock(kidding, slightly ), Lockhart, Pollock, Wenlock, Whitlock