Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Holiday for a girl!

Let me introduce you guys to one of my all-time favorite girls names. It may sound weird at first, but I love the name Holiday for a girl! It flows nicely. It has a great meaning ("holy day"). Would work well for a baby during the holiday season. Fabulous nickname of Holly. And positive connotations like "Happy Holidays!" and "A jolly Holiday!". I've fallen head over heels for this moniker after finding a post last summer on Swistle about a couple with a daughter named Holiday Phoenix.

Thoughts? Please don't be too rude. I really love this name.
    ~ Larissa

Amaryllis Joy
    Savannah Mayfair ~ Bellamy June
    Isla Reverie ~ Holiday Elise ~ Cordelia Maple
    Sage Aurora ~ Madeline Story ~ Laszlo Oliver ~ Darwin Blake
    Gideon Levi ~ Fisher Gray ~ Jasper Elias
    Simon Apollo ~ Orlando Archer
    Phineas Jack

Crushing hard... Saylor Adeline ... Siri Genevieve ... Penrose Elizabeth

I quite like it actually, I've contemplated putting it on my list to honor Ms. Billie Holiday (which is a huge reason for liking it). I will say I've come to not like Holly as much, Daisy would be a cute alternative nn though.
    Dayton.19.*Hopeful* Future Mom
    Naming future twinkles...
    Girlies:Aella Dorothy {Plum}.Judah Elisabetta {Whimsy}.Snow Amalija {Anne}
    Guys:Aubrey Jermaine.Eden Trust.Amias Calico "Mia"(My-uh)

I find it to be kind of childish and I would honestly have a hard time working with someone named Holiday as it seems to childish to me.
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly

I think it's really cute. It's not my style, but I can see it working on a real person. Holly and Daisy are cute nicknames.
    Emily Eileen
    .mommy to Vincent Harrison, Cecily Faye Patrice, and three special angels
    .girls: Lilla, Leona, Dorotea, Hermione, Sylvia
    .boys: Walter, Bram, Phillip, Elliott, Leo, Henry

Love it but then again my top runner is Sunday. Some days I get lots of love in here for it and some days I get lots of pleas to avoid it. At some point you've got to know what u love and leave others out of it. But you've got my stamp of approval- I am of the opinion that once the name has a real person to attach it to, the name becomes the person and it doesn't seem strange.
    For now if I had 2 of each- Girls: Sunday and Willa Boys: Knox and Ford or Penn
    Girls: Vivi Charles, Lila Charles, Sunday Kate, Willa Lace, Landry Kate, Monroe Laycee, Ezra Kate, Lucy madden, Lila snow, Charlize Layce, Hazel Anne, Indy, Wynter
    Boys: Knox Maverick, Knox Ryder, Archer Allen, Archer Atlas, Shepard Knox, Monroe Hendrix, Madden McLane, Finn Allen, Crewe Archer, Quade Allen, Dash Allen, Thayer,Tennyson, Vance, Ford Allen, Penn, Wilder, Rook, Hoyt, Holt, Hart, Bishop