Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Which one for my pen name?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Annika Sparrow

5 20.00%
  • Annika Blaine

6 24.00%
  • Genevieve Sparrow

2 8.00%
  • Ainsley Finnigan

1 4.00%
  • Tonia Sparrow

2 8.00%
  • Tonia S. Blaine

4 16.00%
  • Amelia Finnigan

5 20.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    My pen name is E. Claire. Like the pastry! Ainsley, Tonia, and Annika are not my style. Ainsley and Tonia seems masculine and I knew a very annoying Annika. But Genevieve, Amelia and Sparrow are rather stunning. What about Amelia Sparrow? I think it sounds very British and conjures up the image of a little girl climbing trees, frolicking through fields, and writing stories near a window. Good luck!

I voted for Annika Blaine. I love how strong and beautiful it is. Short and sweet. It stands out to me.
    "Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

I suggest

Madge Finley

It's hard to select a pen name that doesn't sound like a character name. In general, authorial names should sound familiar and reliable, not whimsical, not ethereal, not 'super-special.' Selecting an evocative surname like Sparrow or a very stunning, princess-y first name does not convey this image. In psychological-speak, it will cause the reader to feel inferior to the author and be more reluctant to buy the book. It's the reason why the world's most approachable genre, romance fiction, is always written by women who call themselves Nancy or Barbara or something else middle-aged and down-to-earth.

Now, young adult fiction is not romance. But if you look at successful authors in this genre, their names are very plainspoken. (Suzanne Collins, Stephanie Meyer, Veronica Roth, etc). Again, you want your story to be otherworldly, but you don't want to give the impression that the keys to this world are hard to come by.

If I were you I would keep Suzanna (the spelling variation keeps you memorable, a bit) and select a 2-syllable-max surname which is approachable, but not terribly common. Alliteration is nice:

Suzanna Seaton
    Suzanna Shipton
    Suzanna Sinclair
    Suzanna Sharpe
    Suzanna Sartos
    Suzanna Sorrell
    Suzanna Stafford
    Suzanna Sidney
    Blade, MD

XY: Antoine Raphael
    XX: Cassia Viviane Noor

Aquila * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Mireia * Petra * Rosamond * Seraphine * Silvana * Theophane / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Giles * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Peregrine * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Amal _ Hanan / Altair _ Fahd _ Ilyas _ Sajjad _ Saqr _ Tariq

I voted for Annika Blaine. I think its important to have some part of you in your pen name, and the 'b' and the 'ay' sound in Blaine is similar to Bailey. I also think Annika is uncommon but known, which is good(you dont want a name thats TOO made up). Good luck!
    Boys: Maxwell, Bennett, Oliver, Elliott and Archer.

Girls: Rose, Juliet, Aria, Cora and Scarlett

Sorry for any random spellings. I'm probably on my nook!