Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help me make a boy list from my girl list

Right now, I have lots of girls names that I absolutely love, but I am not as excited about many boy names. I was wondering what boys names you all think I would like based my taste in girl names.

My current top girl names:
    Charlotte: loved since I was a child; definitely will use if I have a daughter despite its recent increase in popularity
    Josephine: newer love; 2nd place to Charlotte
    Cecilia or Celia: love both; can't decide which one I prefer!
    Eloise or Louise or Louisa: love all these; can't decide!
    Clara: so sweet, soft, and feminine
    Rose: and its variants -- Rosalie, Rosalind, Rosemary, etc -- but I think I like sweet and simple Rose the best!
    Cora: strong and feminine at the same time
    Nora: similar feeling to Cora, but I like Cora a little better
    Eliza: can't decide if I would use as a stand alone name or as a nickname to Elizabeth, but I love, love, love Eliza! Might be tied with Josephine for second favorite

My much shorter list of current boy name crushes:
    Julian: I think my favorite right now, but I'm unsure
    August: does this go with my girl names? what do you all think of the nn Gus?
    Max: so cute and classic, but perhaps boring/overused?
    Arthur: I love, but hubby hates

I'd love to hear some new boy name ideas! And any other feedback on my names is welcome, too!

I feel the same way about boys' names!

Quote Originally Posted by september View Post
    Right now, I have lots of girls names that I absolutely love, but I am not as excited about many boy names. I was wondering what boys names you all think I would like based my taste in girl names.

My current top girl names:
    Charlotte: loved since I was a child; definitely will use if I have a daughter despite its recent increase in popularity
    Josephine: newer love; 2nd place to Charlotte
    Cecilia or Celia: love both; can't decide which one I prefer!
    Eloise or Louise or Louisa: love all these; can't decide!
    Clara: so sweet, soft, and feminine
    Rose: and its variants -- Rosalie, Rosalind, Rosemary, etc -- but I think I like sweet and simple Rose the best!
    Cora: strong and feminine at the same time
    Nora: similar feeling to Cora, but I like Cora a little better
    Eliza: can't decide if I would use as a stand alone name or as a nickname to Elizabeth, but I love, love, love Eliza! Might be tied with Josephine for second favorite

My much shorter list of current boy name crushes:
    Julian: I think my favorite right now, but I'm unsure
    August: does this go with my girl names? what do you all think of the nn Gus?
    Max: so cute and classic, but perhaps boring/overused?
    Arthur: I love, but hubby hates

I'd love to hear some new boy name ideas! And any other feedback on my names is welcome, too!
    To me, August seems very contemporary and cries out for a contemporary sister, but I think that is just my take. I think one can make a case that August has some roots and might do well planted beside a Cora. I think Gus is very cute -- established yet fresn.
    I adore Max, too, and know just what you mean when you wonder if it too trendy, popular.
    From your girls' list I would suggest the obvious --
    Charles
    Joseph
    Josiah
    Eliot

Also, what do you think of Emerson? I know it has been used by the girls lately, but I think it still has plenty of boy power.

Quote Originally Posted by bonnie1107 View Post
    Also, what do you think of Emerson? I know it has been used by the girls lately, but I think it still has plenty of boy power.
    Good suggestion...I do like Emerson. My immediate association is the poet Ralph Waldo Emerson, so I see it as a sophisticated, masculine name. Unfortunately, I think it would rhyme too much with our last name.

Quote Originally Posted by bonnie1107 View Post
    To me, August seems very contemporary and cries out for a contemporary sister, but I think that is just my take. I think one can make a case that August has some roots and might do well planted beside a Cora. I think Gus is very cute -- established yet fresn.
    I adore Max, too, and know just what you mean when you wonder if it too trendy, popular.
    From your girls' list I would suggest the obvious --
    Charles
    Joseph
    Josiah
    Eliot
    I actually have opposite feelings about August...I know it's becoming a little more common now, but I worried it sounded too ancient, like Julius Caesar time period! I like that you pulled out Cora as a sister for August...I'm loving August and Cora together!

Charles and Joseph are great names, but I would never use them because they would rule out Charlotte and Josephine! I think Josiah is a little too biblical for me. I really like Eliot (it's been on and off of my list using the Elliot spelling), but we have close family friends with this last name, so I would feel a little awkward using it...maybe not a deal breaker though!