Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Benne

I wanted to pronounce it Ben-ay (like penne). honestly i don't like the spelling. If you love the name I would find a better spelling. I have always loved Bernadette with the nn Benny
    ♥Mckinley Mayfair, Christian Wayne & Sir Angus Fionn♥

Favorites June 2016
    Elizabeth, Adelaide, Juniper, Amelia, Arabella, Beatrice, Clara, Charlotte, Cordelia, Hermione
    the rest of the girls

William, Jasper, Edgar, Gilbert, Morgan, Henry, Sebastian, Arthur, Monroe, Basil
    the rest of the boys

Lyra Primrose, Amelia Hyacinth, Emmeline Bronte/ Magnus Frey, Julian Mackenzie, Sebastian Lake
    the rest of my combos

Quote Originally Posted by mclola View Post
    I wanted to pronounce it Ben-ay (like penne). honestly i don't like the spelling. If you love the name I would find a better spelling.
    Me too.

I'm not a fan at all, I'm afraid. I also don't think that having an overtly feminine middle name averts most of the problems that go along with a masculine-sounding first name. Middle names are used so rarely.

I know a baby girl Benny nn for Benedicta. I'd really, really strongly suggest a feminine full name for the birth certificate. I don't think a feminine middle will avert any of the confusion with it being a male name. Benne like others have mentioned I want to pronounce like Penne, the pasta. I'd suggest Bene or Benny, or even Bennie over the Benne spelling. Best of luck!

How about Benni or Beni? I think the I keeps the name feminine looking.

I would be interested inthe origins of Benne, as far as I know it's another word for sesame and in French camion à benne means dump truck.
    Josephine Athénaïs - Josephine Ivy - Myriam Athénaïs - Vivienne Josephine
    Athena Beatrice - Beatrice Cecile - Eléonor Anne-Sophie -Myriam Beatrice - Meredith Elizabeth
    Ambrose Aristide - Ulysses Aristide

Girls: Aenor, Bérangère, Bérénice, Catalina, Honorine, Nadezhda Boys: Augustin, Calixte, Emeric, Hugo, Lambert, Maxandre, Maxence, Yves