Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by isabellemarie View Post
    I have to say I agree with this view. People often take it a little too far! Having studied how some parents are choosing to raise their kids Gender Neutral. Some parents need to really think about how this will affect their child's future.
    Out of interest...how DO you think it will affect their child's future?

Matilda Sailor or Faye Matilda | Sylvie Winifred or Simon Atlas | Atlas Dov or Alice Violetta | Lucien Wilde or Lucinda Jane | Jane Lucinda or Jack Marlowe | Marlowe Charles or Roscoe Thomas | Charles ' Charlie' Wallace or Marigold 'Maggie' Wynn | Eloise Lily or Elliot Darwin | Iris Cordelia or Thea Marina | Jasper Augustus or Juniper 'June' Lovelace | Julian Felix or Judah 'Jude' Reeve

Just a grad student dreaming ahead...

My son has 2 older sisters. He has no choice but to play with girls toys. We don't really care, what the kids play with or what they wear (we let them make their own clothing choices). My husband is the kind of guy that if Walter decides that he wants to wear a dress to school then he would too.

Matilda's favourite toy is a stuffed fire truck, Eloise's favourite is barbie, and Walter's favrourite is a hot pink teddy. If they're happy, then we are happy.
    Happily married mother of six, Matilda, Eloise, Walter and twins Ramona and Bernadette and newest addition Arthur.

I absolutely agree with you. I think in some ways it is sooo difficult to be male in our society. Guys have to constantly prove their masculinity or risk being seen as weak. There isn't quite the same level of pressure for girls to prove their femininity, it is okay to have labels like jock, or be one of the guys and no one questions their womanhood. I won't go into why I think that is because that is more debatable, but I think you are absolutely right in what you said.

Quote Originally Posted by augusta_lee View Post
    Out of interest...how DO you think it will affect their child's future?
    In extreme cases yes. Ok in one of my classes a few years back we discussed on how far would you go to raise your child gender neutral.
    The vast majority agreed that it was ok for boys to play with dolls or girls with trucks, or boys playing dress ups with girls clothes and vice versa etc. Some parents don't know when to draw the line. I don't approve of parents raising their children gender neutral to push their own political agenda. They are forcing their own roles onto that child, so how can that possibly be giving the child freedom of choice. That child will grow up to more confused.Just let them be kids.
    Last edited by isabellemarie; March 4th, 2013 at 12:01 AM.
    Eudora - Casilda - Violetta - Odelia - Leocadia - Odette - Isolde - Valentine - Leopoldine - Isadora
    Eulalia - Aurelia - Marigold - Ariadne - Viola - Cosima - Philomena
    Averil - Caius - Casimir - Basil - Ignatius - Benedict - Thaddeus - Raphael - Leopold - Clement
    Cassian - Isidore - Wenceslaus - Balthasar - Arlo - Gilbert - Cornelius - Augustine - Carlisle

Quote Originally Posted by isabellemarie View Post
    In extreme cases yes.
    I asked how? Like, concrete examples.

Matilda Sailor or Faye Matilda | Sylvie Winifred or Simon Atlas | Atlas Dov or Alice Violetta | Lucien Wilde or Lucinda Jane | Jane Lucinda or Jack Marlowe | Marlowe Charles or Roscoe Thomas | Charles ' Charlie' Wallace or Marigold 'Maggie' Wynn | Eloise Lily or Elliot Darwin | Iris Cordelia or Thea Marina | Jasper Augustus or Juniper 'June' Lovelace | Julian Felix or Judah 'Jude' Reeve

Just a grad student dreaming ahead...