Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sibling for Cordelia

I have been out of the name game for 8 months, because Miss Cordelia Mae was born 8 months ago However, I've already started dreaming about a sibling for Cora (her nn) and would love some help!

Looking for a boy and girl name, and would really like the initials M.C.

I really love Mary, as it would honor my mother, Maryann, but it feels so plain next to Cordelia--however, a nn of Mary would compliment Cora. We, also, love Michael, after my Grandfather. On the other end of the spectrum we both love Magnolia, but I have a niece Margaret nn Maggie who we are very close with.

Thank you so much for indulging my love for names
    Proud mama to Cordelia Mae <3 7/6/2012

Current Name Obsessions
    Girls: Marigold, Persephone, Mirabel, Clover, Muirgen, Seraphina
    Boys: Cormac, Lorcan, Desmond, Frederic, Truman, Emrys, Eamon, Soren, Ciaran, Caspian

What do you think of Mariana? You get Mary from it, and it has the Shakespeare connection like Cordelia.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Instead of Mary you could use:
    ~ Maria
    ~ Marietta
    ~ Marabel
    ~ Marilyn
    ~ Molly
    ~ 20 year-old name lover ~

I think there is nothing wrong with Mary and Cordelia, especially since you will usually be introducing them as "Mary and Cora" (which are so cute together, btw!). I think maybe if you gave Mary a less "plain" middle name, that would dress up her name enough to go well with Cordelia Mae.

Mary Isadora (from your signature)
    Mary Rosalind (another Shakespeare name)
    Mary Josephine

I agree that Mary and Cora go well together, but I am intrigued by Mariana. Viviana was on my short list, but when my Italian/Irish baby came out with golden auburn hair she was definitely more Cordelia than Viviana, so Mariana catches my eye! Onto the list it goes, thank you! Hmm as does Marietta, I like that one, as well!
    Proud mama to Cordelia Mae <3 7/6/2012

Current Name Obsessions
    Girls: Marigold, Persephone, Mirabel, Clover, Muirgen, Seraphina
    Boys: Cormac, Lorcan, Desmond, Frederic, Truman, Emrys, Eamon, Soren, Ciaran, Caspian