Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Middle name for Wren?

Hi berries! I came across this site a couple of months ago and I've been looking every now and then, but since it's only a short month away until our little one arrives, my husband and I decided we should probably get an idea of what his/her name will be! You all seem to really know what you're doing, so I figured we could use some of your expertise!

One of the names my husband and I are seriously thinking about is Wren. It has a lot of meaning to both of us, and to us anyways, it's one of those names that is adorable for a little boy but still sounds fine for a teenager/adult!

Our problem is that if we do use it, we have no idea what to use for a middle name! There aren't really any family names that haven't already been used by our siblings, as we are both the youngest in our families. And we don't really have a certain style either. Do you have any suggestions? Thank you for your time and help! It is greatly appreciated!

Autumn. x
    Autumn.

Twenty-two year old wife and mother-of-one!
    Penelope Jane was born March 28, 2013. <3
    One kitty named Mingus.

Since Wren is sometimes used for girls too, I would use a definitely masculine middle name. I like Wren for a boy, but he may need something to fall back on if he is having problems in school. Just going to shoot out some ideas here.
    Wren Michael
    Wren David
    Wren Daniel
    Wren Levi
    Wren Jacob
    Don't know if any of these are your style, they are just the first that came to mind. Good luck!
    Wife to Jordan.
    Mommy to Everett Callan, born 2010 and Callie Sage Eilonwy, born 2013
    and 2 fur babies: a male standard poodle named Shasta, and a female Australian shepherd named Scout.

If you have any questions about PCOS, infertility, ectopic pregnancy, or Cystic Fibrosis testing, please feel free to message me

As the only Wrens I know are girls how about Lawrence with Wren as a nickname? For middle names how about Matthew? I'd definately want a two or three syllable mn with Wren.

Wren for a boy? Both these sites say that it's only a girls name - http://nameberry.com/babyname/Wren + http://www.babynames.com/name/WREN. I think Wren is a lovely girls name but I don't like it for a boy.

Thank you for your suggestions! x

And thank you, but Wren actually can be used for a boy or a girl. There is a male character on Pretty Little Liars named Wren, and then there's Ren from Footloose! I think that it's uncommon enough still, that people won't associate it too strongly with a gender. (Not that that matters too much though. There are plenty of unisex names out there where you might assume it's a boy or girl and it turns out to be the other. Addison for example!) I think it just boils down to person preference.
    Autumn.

Twenty-two year old wife and mother-of-one!
    Penelope Jane was born March 28, 2013. <3
    One kitty named Mingus.