Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Why are there always some kind of silly name in the cloud on the main page?

Banana (for a girl) has been searched quite a few times obviously as it's in the largest font. I've seen other downright weird names up there too, though I forget them at the moment. Why is that? Who is thinking of naming their child Banana??

Current loves:
    thomasina louise, percival hugh

. ∙ ˙ . ∙ ˙  ✶  . ∙ ˙ . ∙ ˙

♥  ❝Words have meaning and names have power.❞

I think part of it is that some words, such as banana, are typed innocently enough into a thread and then, as they're listed as a name for some reason or another, a link comes up to it in the thread just like it would for James or Anna. But because it's a strange word to be a name, people click on it to be nosy and that drives the traffic up. There was an example in another thread a couple of days ago where it was discovered that Hooker was listed on the site as a name, and ended up being clicked on enough to drive it into and up the cloud.

Anna Katherine * Lydia Ellen * Zoe Madeleine * Phoebe ___ * Imogen ___ * Emilia ___
    Samuel * Thomas * Charlie * Reuben * Oliver * George

Well, no one. No sane parent is searching the name Banana for their kid (I hope). I think that people look up that name as a joke, or maybe to read the hilarious scoffing comments that name has. Then, other people see that name in the cloud and click on it. Then more people see it, and so on and so forth...Does this help?

If it were true about linking in the forum driving traffic up, then I think hi would be in the cloud a lot. Lol But I can definitely see where it would be because people are just looking it up to see if it's really in the database.
    What's the weirdest name you guys have seen in the cloud?

Current loves:
    thomasina louise, percival hugh

. ∙ ˙ . ∙ ˙  ✶  . ∙ ˙ . ∙ ˙

♥  ❝Words have meaning and names have power.❞

God'Iss and Elixyvette have popped up a few times. I think once they're in the cloud, people click them because they're surprised that's an actual name.
    Gwen
    College student, bookworm, terrible influence.
    Owner of a cat: Minerva "Minnie"

Current favorites:
    Mazarine Cosima Odette Ailsa Celia
    Prosper Finn August Malcolm Zephyr