Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

How do you organize favorite names?

Just wondering what some very experienced Berries did to keep track of names.

Right now, I have an extensive list of girls names in alphabetical order, and a much smaller boys list. Than underneath I put random sibsets I come up with and name combos.

Its like most things I do, there is a system, but it looks like a mess most of the time.

I keep my lists on listography.
    Helen / Alice / Jane / Mary / Rose
    Sam / James / Theo / Edward / Ciarán

I just have a word document with names in alphabetical order. Nothing fancy!
    ~ Mother of Violet Elizabeth Rose ~

FUTURE DAUGHTER: DAPHNE, JANE OR SUSANNAH
    FUTURE SON: EDWARD, FREDERICK OR HENRY

I have a list of Boys combinations, a list of Girls Combinations, and a list for each gender of names that have caught my eye, that may or may not be in a combination, or even seriously thought of, anything I find interesting! All of the lists are in Alphabetical order, naturally! I find it easy to forget nice names if I don't keep them on a list somewhere! My boys list is vastly smaller than my girls list, as I do not need to actively search for more boys names, as our favorites have been long standing and probably won't change like the girls list constantly is!

Rough n Tumble
    Lachlan Alexander
    Evander 'Anders' Alcott - Thatcher William - Peregrine North - Dresden Alasdair

Pretty in Pink
    Lavender Irie/Alina/Ellen
    Natalie Winter - Adelaide Pearl - Hermione Jane - Corisande Fable - Virginia Joy- Odessa Faye

I have a top 100 list for each gender (that I revise each month) then I make another list where I have them in alphabetical order. I also have a list for combos. I just keep it all in open office
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ioo3/names.jpg
    ♥Mckinley Mayfair, Christian Wayne & Sir Angus Fionn♥

Favorites June 2016
    Elizabeth, Adelaide, Juniper, Amelia, Arabella, Beatrice, Clara, Charlotte, Cordelia, Hermione
    the rest of the girls

William, Jasper, Edgar, Gilbert, Morgan, Henry, Sebastian, Arthur, Monroe, Basil
    the rest of the boys

Lyra Primrose, Amelia Hyacinth, Emmeline Bronte/ Magnus Frey, Julian Mackenzie, Sebastian Lake
    the rest of my combos