Names Searched Right Now:
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by titus245mama View Post
    Yep. That kid's going to have issues.

As a Christian, it actually bothers me when I hear a kid named Emmanuel. It's the name of Jesus in one of the Old Testament prophecies, and means "God with Us". Sorry, your kid is not God. Ditto for naming your kid Jesus. If you're a Christian, wouldn't you know better? If not, why saddle your kid with a too-much-pressure name?
    Jesus is very common in the Hispanic community, it is often used by Catholics and is done out of reverence for God, it's just not something many people understand. Where I am the name Jesus really isn't judged and maybe that's because it's prn differently but I see no problem with the name and I'm a Christian. I think it's probably the same with Emmanuel which has been used for hundreds of years.

Also, I don't think we need to bash Danteas' friends baby, like I said I wanted to know if people had bad experiences and I'm surprised he hasn't but that's really all I wanted to know about the name choice he made.
    Last edited by agent99; March 2nd, 2013 at 12:17 PM.
    Josephine Athénaïs - Josephine Ivy - Myriam Athénaïs - Vivienne Josephine
    Athena Beatrice - Beatrice Cecile - Eléonor Anne-Sophie -Myriam Beatrice - Meredith Elizabeth
    Ambrose Aristide - Ulysses Aristide

Girls: Aenor, Bérangère, Bérénice, Catalina, Honorine, Nadezhda Boys: Augustin, Calixte, Emeric, Hugo, Lambert, Maxandre, Maxence, Yves

~~Formerly know on the boards as The.TX.Belle~~

Quote Originally Posted by agent99 View Post
    Also, I don't think we need to bash Danteas' friends baby, like I said I wanted to know if people had bad experiences and I'm surprised he hasn't but that's really all I wanted to know about the name choice he made.
    Agree with this. I think it's really interesting to hear from people with more out there names children, and I think those names are beautiful and brilliant. Wish I had the guts to name my daughter Pandora Lilith, it's gorgeous. And it's so good to know that they haven't had any bad reactions to the names. What people say among themselves is another thing altogether.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by dcbklyn View Post
    I know a 7 year old named Jemimah. She is black, so I guess if her parents don't have a problem with it, then neither should anyone else! I was kind of surprised when I first heard it, though.
    I think it's different when a Black person uses it, I can't really explain why but it just is.
    Josephine Athénaïs - Josephine Ivy - Myriam Athénaïs - Vivienne Josephine
    Athena Beatrice - Beatrice Cecile - Eléonor Anne-Sophie -Myriam Beatrice - Meredith Elizabeth
    Ambrose Aristide - Ulysses Aristide

Girls: Aenor, Bérangère, Bérénice, Catalina, Honorine, Nadezhda Boys: Augustin, Calixte, Emeric, Hugo, Lambert, Maxandre, Maxence, Yves

~~Formerly know on the boards as The.TX.Belle~~

Quote Originally Posted by agent99 View Post

I am under impression they ignore the fact that parents and children didn't have any bad (outright) experience and are trying too hard to find new argument for bashing.

Like when they ignored when one kindergarten teacher said children in her class didn't blink an eye to each others names, and they were quite unusual. They continued to discuss imaginary "teasing potential" like they don't know how to read.

I'm not sure if anyone is familiar with this show, but there is an American Reality show called The Millionaire Matchmaker, and one of the people on the show has a son named Sin Halo. Which I find to be the saddest thing. I remember him saying the reason why they named him that, something like how there is light and dark in everyone, or some explanation of that nature, but that just doesn't cut it in my opinion. That poor child now has the grow up in the world with the name Sin.