Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nat108 View Post
    Most people have tact and wouldn't say anything outright- they just talk about him behind his back
    This is how I feel about an American Jemima, I would never be impolite about it, I would smile and nod but in my head I would wonder what in the world were these parents thinking when they named their kid this?
    Josephine Athénaïs - Josephine Ivy - Myriam Athénaïs - Vivienne Josephine
    Athena Beatrice - Beatrice Cecile - Eléonor Anne-Sophie -Myriam Beatrice - Meredith Elizabeth
    Ambrose Aristide - Ulysses Aristide

Girls: Aenor, Bérangère, Bérénice, Catalina, Honorine, Nadezhda Boys: Augustin, Calixte, Emeric, Hugo, Lambert, Maxandre, Maxence, Yves

~~Formerly know on the boards as The.TX.Belle~~

I'm going to say that I understand that people aren't likely to say anything out right bad to his face, but the question was "have they had bad experiences" and the answer was no.

And also, to the person saying he picked them to be edgy and alternative, no. He picked them for his religious preferences and feel that if Christians can named their children biblical names and name them Emmanuel or whatever, and pagans can use Athena etc, then as a Luciferian Satanist, why shouldn't he be allowed to use the name Lucifer without people bothering him about it?

So, again, to answer the question, no he hasn't had many outright bad experiences, but he is perfectly aware that most people don't approve of his religion or his religious naming style.
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014

I don't give a damn about anyone's religion (unless they're trying to force it on me - legally or otherwise) but I do think that is poor reasoning for naming a child Lucifer. Regardless of him being a Satanist or not, Lucifer has strong negative connotations to most of the English speaking world and his poor child is going to have to deal with that. Emmanuel and Athena both have a history of use that has, so to speak, blunted the very religious feel of the name. Lucifer does not have the same kind of history or frequency of use that those two examples have and I believe that is for a very good reason. I just can't understand, no matter your religion, choosing a name that most people are going to have a big negative assocation with. :/
    cassia | vivian | flora
    peregrine | jolyon | arthur

Quote Originally Posted by philomena View Post
    I don't give a damn about anyone's religion (unless they're trying to force it on me - legally or otherwise) but I do think that is poor reasoning for naming a child Lucifer. Regardless of him being a Satanist or not, Lucifer has strong negative connotations to most of the English speaking world and his poor child is going to have to deal with that. Emmanuel and Athena both have a history of use that has, so to speak, blunted the very religious feel of the name. Lucifer does not have the same kind of history or frequency of use that those two examples have and I believe that is for a very good reason. I just can't understand, no matter your religion, choosing a name that most people are going to have a big negative assocation with. :/
    I agree with this. Naming a child Lucifer is just a cruel thing to do. It's akin to naming them Evil or something.
    Collecting, not expecting! Favorite names change frequently.

Girls list: http://nameberry.com/userlist/view/22356

Boys list: http://nameberry.com/userlist/view/34208

Voting list: http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9829189

Hrm...I don't know anyone with "forbidden" names. I know an Athena, but someone pointed out that's blunted by use. No one ever gave her troubles about it. Pandora I don't mind; it really is pretty and Dora is always a nn option if it becomes a problem. Lucifer...I have mixed feelings on. I wouldn't name my kid Satan, but why should a perfectly good name be associated with the devil? And as others like Athena are "blunted by use," I'm sure using "forbidden" names more will, by logic, make them less forbidden.
    Proud author of Kissimmee, Orlando, Mary, Adam, Mississippi, Micah, Georgette, Evelyn, Diane, Millicent, Maybeline, Prudence and so many many more