Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Mark Twain?

Mark Twain?

Mark Twain is my favorite author and I'd love a little boy name to honor him. The obvious ones are Mark and Twain but I feel like the connection with Mark isn't strong enough and Twain doesn't really go with our ln that starts with W. Other obvious ones are Tom and Huckleberry but Tom gives me the same problem as Mark and Huckleberry is just nms. Any suggestions?
    Mom to Ruby Mae Anastasia

Current Favorites:
    Peter Leon Gerard~Joseph "Joss" Patrick Xavier~Jack~Thatcher~Weston~Robin
    ~Emma Chiara Jeannette~Aurora Sofia Catherine~Natalie~Natalia~Nadia~Eleanor~Jude

Vote on my name list: http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9826798

Samuel Langhorne Clemens was his real name, you could use one of those?

Then there's Sawyer, Jim and Finn...
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

My DH is a big fan of just "Huck".

I love the suggestion of one of his real names (or even possibly his initials? Or Samuel Langhorne as a double middle?) and Sawyer! I think of Mark Twain with Sawyer straightaway. Do you have a favorite book of his, or character? Maybe you could use that? Although I know that doesn't always corroborate nicely--I love Shakespeare and Viola is by far my favorite Shakespearean character (Twelfth Night), but I like Violet so much more than Viola. I have both Violet and Olivia on my list to semi-honor the play, at least. Maybe you could do something like that for Mark Twain?

Good luck!

Ah! You guys are great! I really like the idea of Samuel Langhorne as a double middle. Tom Sawyer is my fav book but Sawyer isn't my cup of tea. However, that got my wheels turning and I thought of Thatcher. What do you think of that?
    Mom to Ruby Mae Anastasia

Current Favorites:
    Peter Leon Gerard~Joseph "Joss" Patrick Xavier~Jack~Thatcher~Weston~Robin
    ~Emma Chiara Jeannette~Aurora Sofia Catherine~Natalie~Natalia~Nadia~Eleanor~Jude

Vote on my name list: http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9826798