Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Wink Funny article about baby naming

I thought this was funny: http://www.buzzfeed.com/mikespohr/wa...rive-you-crazy

Baby naming articles are often interesting to me, especially from a non name-nerd perspective

What do you think, Berries?
    I'm twenty with a furbaby named Frederick

* Beatrix * Clementine * Penelope * Cecilia * Margo *

* Theodore * Hugo * Edmund * Felix * Lysander *

The old man ist right, Fred is a strong name!

I also loved this comment by a Mariana:

It's weird to think my parents might've gone through all of this and I still ended up with a name that means 'sea of bitterness'. Oh, and one of my sisters is named Giulia, which is really just Italian Julia, so my mum has a sea of bitterness, a bearded youth and a bean grower. Perhaps someone should've told them to look the names up before choosing.
    Ronja Julius Leonore Frederick Harriet Clemens Elisabeth Ivor Linnea Elliot

Quote Originally Posted by dottipanda View Post
    The old man ist right, Fred is a strong name!

I also loved this comment by a Mariana:
    I agree it's good idea to google a name, but people may not care. Especially if they found two sites telling different stories. Besides, Mary (thus Mariana) probably doesn't mean sea of bitterness. It probably means love or beloved, which is nice meaning.
    Tristan Gilbert°Robin Amaury°Leon Percival°Edmund Theoderic°Finn Beowulf°Magnus Oberon°Thorin Elliot°Edric Maximilian°Emil Orlando
    Freya Elysant°Belle Seraphina°Leda Cassiopeia°Briony Rosaline°Charlotte Romilly°Lotus Dorothea°Aurora Nimue°Cecily Eliska, Mabel Celestina
    girl & boy

I found this pretty humorous except for the part about grandma knitting a blanket. My grandma died while I was pregnant. And my son has a crocheted blanket that a family friend finished, because my husband's grandma died when my son was still a tiny baby. Otherwise, the other stuff was hilarious. That part was just a downer for me.
    Rachel Whitney 1984
    (Name Nerd since abt. 1994)

Malcolm Alexander 2012

Current Favorite Names For a Future Child:

Ansel, Desmond, Caspar, Hubert, Carlyle, Gustav, Lysander, Ronan, Leopold, Armand

Solenne, Astrid, Elysande, Celeste, Adele, Estelle, Delphine, Svanhild, Cordelia, Tesla

Love this! Thanks for sharing!
    Mommy to Ronan Sebastian
    ttc 2014

Melrose Abigail
    Larkin Graham