Names Searched Right Now:
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14
    Meh. I think of the type of road. I think of Pike's Peak. I think of Pike County in Alabama, I think it is? And I think of the Mr. Pike that Pike County is named after. I think of a type of stake. But I don't think of a name, really. I can't imagine it'd be very easy to wear.
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle + Arianne + Olivia + Violet + Charlotte + Emmeline + Eleni + Grace + Audrey + Eva + Catherine + Tess + Zoe
    Caleb + Everett + Jack + Avery + Samuel + Zane + Brody + Declan + Caspar + Grant + Rory + Thomas + Peter

We live in England a "Pikey" is the word used for: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pikey

It is not a nice word!

I really like Pike! It reminds me of Ike which I love. I like how Pike is very unique and uncommon, but it's not too out there, nor is it a horrid, modern, made-up name like so many of the "unique" ones these days. I think it sounds very handsome and definitely usable.
    Louie ¤ Clement ¤ Malcolm ¤ Ralph
    Sylvie ¤ Hermione ¤ Benedita ¤ Freya

I think of fish, weapons, Captain Pike from Star Trek, and Pike from the Elvis Cole detective series. Oh, and Pike's Peak. Kind of a mixed bag of images and associations.

All in all, I like the name. It's short and sharp, with a lot of energy, and that appeals to me.
    ----
    Mom to N
    Malcolm, Tristan, Aaron, Garrett, Vincent
    Iris, Bridget, Bonnie, Averill, Petra

Without reading anyone's responses, I first think of the fish. Then I think of "Pike's Peak" even though I'm not sure that's how it's spelled.

If I heard it as a name, I'd think "like the fish??" and be a bit puzzled as I've never heard it as a given name before.
    Lillian Elizabeth 6.16.13