Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cleo Ismay

Cleo Ismay

No, I'm not considering it for myself. But I love genealogy and just stumbled upon this combo. Thought it might be interesting to see what people thought.

What do you think of the combo Cleo Ismay?

If you're wondering, Miss Cleo was born in 1894.
    cassia | vivian | flora
    peregrine | jolyon | arthur

Cleo feels very cat-worthy to me for whatever reason, though I have known a person with this name. She was an interesting person. That said, I do like it. Ismay is new to me and I think if I keep seeing it I can get rid of the "dismay" connotation.
    Names I enjoy:

Girls: Lucy, Elena, Lake, Sylvie

Boys: Jack, Eamon, Sylvan, Theo

Photo by Corey Arnold

An interesting combo! I like Cleo! Ismay sounds a bit like Esme to me though (maybe I'm just pronouncing it wrong?). I did think of the dismay thing too.

Overall Cleo Ismay isn't that bad!
    Last edited by ladyvanraven; February 27th, 2013 at 05:18 AM. Reason: grammar

I like it! Cleo Ismay is pretty.

Just like others, I also think about "dismay", but since it's the middle name, I guess it'll be okay.
    I pronounce it a bit like Esme too.
    Call me Cynthia, Angie, or Luna. 22. Name nerd.

Clemency | Clementine | Juliette | Helena | Isabelle | Annabelle | Evangeline | Seraphina | Rosalind | Violetta
    Vanessa | Audrey | Ariadne | Callista | Belphoebe | Bellatrix | Lyra | Valencia | Valentina | Laetitia | Cytherea
    Gavriel | Hermes | Flynn | James | Orion | Alexander | Caspian | Peregrine | Marius | Altair
    Callum | Cadmus | Jason | Perseus | Theseus | Oliver | Éomund | Luca | Amias

I think it's catchy. Admittedly, Clio is a favorite. And I've had a bit of a thing for Esme (which sounds so similar) since I read these ridiculous prep school books back in elementary school where she was the cool girl. It's got that quirky, almost country, turn-of-the-century vibe that I'm so fond of.
    Tara, proud mama to a Honey Badger
    ... and a Badger in Training