Names Searched Right Now:
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ottilie View Post
    Problem now is; how do I reveal this to Boyfriend? It's a HUGE box.
    Next time he's out of the house, take the box and stick it just outside your front door. He comes home, sees the box as he's pulling in the driveway. He comes inside and asks you, "Honey, what's that box outside?" You: "Huh? What box?" You run to the front door and are shocked to discover a box of beautiful baby clothes apparently left there by a generous neighbor or by God.

I actually can't promote dishonesty but that's an awesome scene in my head. If I were you I would make a big theatrical scene over the clothes. I would pull out the box one night, and in my most pathetic, girly voice I would say, "Oh...uh...I accidentally bought these." I would then pull the items one by one out of the box and very dramatically point out the cute features of each and every piece and why I simply could not have passed them up.

That said, I have not yet bought baby clothes, but oh I have come close.... One item I still think about from a few years back was a toddler dress--a tiered, tri-colored gingham sundress in alternating red, blue, and green gingham patterns. Here's another way in which I'm lame: When I see cute kids' clothes such as that dress, I think of my favorite names and see how the clothes look with the names. Oh that's embarrassing now that I think about it....

Ok, that totally cracked me up!

My top five:
    1. I've actually (secretly) been buying baby clothes for years. I know it's insane and stupid, so I've managed to keep it hidden. It's got items dating back ten years!!!! Gorgeous Ralph Lauren dresses, a little coat with fur linings, an adorable stripy jumpsuit... Problem now is; how do I reveal this to Boyfriend? It's a HUGE box. I told him it's shoes in there, which leads us to...
    2. I buy a lot of shoes. Seriously, I think I've got 300 pairs. That in itself is not lame, but this is: If I find a pair of shoes I love but not in my size I idiotically get them in one size smaller. So I have to force my feet into them, and then I can't walk for the next few days.
    3. I love cooking. I love cook books, and cookery shows on the telly. I'm a vegan. I can't cook any of it, but I spend an endless amount of money buying these expensive beautiful books.
    4. I've been to way too many Tori Amos shows. Uncomfortable to reveal how many.
    5. When the Guardian released their 1000 Books Everyone Must Read, I typed it down and bought everyone I hadn't read and read them. Yeah, I know...
    Ok so. You have me beat with the baby clothes. But dude! Now you have a stockpile for little Foo! ;-)

I've been to 6 Tori Amos shows. That's not a lot for a Toriphile but it's a WAY lot for a normal person.

And get after it with your thousand books, girl! I've been in this phase lately where I don't finish books. I don't understand. I've been an avid reader my whole life. I'm in the middle of about 9 books and I can't seem to finish a single one.

I'm pretty sure the Internet has destroyed my attention span.
    Mrs. H.
    Trying for our first.
    Jack . Walker . David . Gabriel . Joe . Michael
    Clementine . Margot . Elizabeth . Nadia . Grace . Emerald

Quote Originally Posted by alzora View Post

That said, I have not yet bought baby clothes, but oh I have come close.... One item I still think about from a few years back was a toddler dress--a tiered, tri-colored gingham sundress in alternating red, blue, and green gingham patterns. Here's another way in which I'm lame: When I see cute kids' clothes such as that dress, I think of my favorite names and see how the clothes look with the names. Oh that's embarrassing now that I think about it....
    I'm pretty sure we all do that. Or I'm gonna choose to believe we all do that. :-)
    Mrs. H.
    Trying for our first.
    Jack . Walker . David . Gabriel . Joe . Michael
    Clementine . Margot . Elizabeth . Nadia . Grace . Emerald

My top five:
    1. I've actually (secretly) been buying baby clothes for years. I know it's insane and stupid, so I've managed to keep it hidden. It's got items dating back ten years!!!! Gorgeous Ralph Lauren dresses, a little coat with fur linings, an adorable stripy jumpsuit... Problem now is; how do I reveal this to Boyfriend? It's a HUGE box. I told him it's shoes in there, which leads us to...
    2. I buy a lot of shoes. Seriously, I think I've got 300 pairs. That in itself is not lame, but this is: If I find a pair of shoes I love but not in my size I idiotically get them in one size smaller. So I have to force my feet into them, and then I can't walk for the next few days.
    3. I love cooking. I love cook books, and cookery shows on the telly. I'm a vegan. I can't cook any of it, but I spend an endless amount of money buying these expensive beautiful books.
    4. I've been to way too many Tori Amos shows. Uncomfortable to reveal how many.
    5. When the Guardian released their 1000 Books Everyone Must Read, I typed it down and bought everyone I hadn't read and read them. Yeah, I know...
    And this cracked me up!
    Before we were ttc our first, I saw an amazing baby blanket. Big and soft, gender neutral, with the sweetest little dinosaurs on it. Hubby convinced me that I didn't need it, so I left empty handed. As soon as I got pregnant, I went back to the store. It was gone. It still bothers me!!

Also-I love Tori Amos (so much)! I've only seen her once, though. My hubby and I had been dating for only a couple months (barely 2), when I asked him to go away with me to Vancouver to see her show. It was amazing. Obviously!

Quote Originally Posted by blade View Post
    Another way I am lame:

Antoine's first birthday is tomorrow, and we are having a party Saturday. I ordered favors for the guests (all adults)-- coffee mugs with Antoine's newborn and 1yr picture on them. Do non-relatives really want literal mugs of Antoine? Of course they don't. Would I want a permanent memento of a work colleague's child? No freaking way. Yet, they are shined and sitting on my desk.
    I kind of wish I'd thought of that! Happy Birthday to Antoine!