Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Spunky Girl Name

My husband and I just found out we are pregnant last week. I have always been fascinated with names, so I can't wait to name my own baby! The only problem is that my husband and I can't seem to agree on any girl names (we've been talking about names for months). I think we've decided we want something sort of spunky. Here are the names we have considered, but I've also given the reasons I don't think we can stick with them.

Rue - I don't like how it's only one syllable and three letters. I wish it could be short for something but I don't like the names it can be short for.
    Isla - I'm afraid it's becoming too common, and I want something unique. Also, our last name begins with A so I'm afraid it doesn't flow well.
    Audrey - too common?
    Quinn - LOVE it but he hates it
    Bristol - will people be able to get past Bristol Palin?
    Finley - is this too trendy? I love the nn Finn.
    Scout - will people think that's weird?

Opinions? Suggestions?

Thanks!!

Melinda Sus.anne + Brandon Cra.ige
    Stepmom to Shelley J------
    Auntie to Richard "Mason", Alexander Thomas, Tanner Andrew, & Baby Girl due in January
    Girls: Isabelle Yun, Juliet Susanne, Rosalie Katherine, Rachel Emily, Miranda, Elisabeth, Natalie, Adriana
    Boys: Ammon Xavier, Matthew Craige, William Clifton, Benjamin, Spencer, Henry, Tyler, Emmett

Embry
    Audra
    Molly
    Maisie
    Ember
    Lila/Lyla
    Beatrix
    Fiona
    Freya
    Caia
    Cora
    Avery
    Rowan
    Gemma

We also had Audrey and Scout on our list, but dropped Audrey because it is too popular, and dropped Scout because it wouldn't age well. I can't get into Bristol. Isla and Quinn are lovely. Finley is all boy to me.
    Ttc a baby brother or sister for Luther Wolf!

Rue - I agree that it probably needs a "longer" name - Rue just doesn't feel full to me. Perhaps you could go with Ruby?
    Isla - feels trendy, but not a terrible name. Suggestions: Iris, Lila, Nina
    Audrey - LOVE Audrey! she definitely has a Old Hollywood charm for me that I really like - another one of those names is Clara.
    Quinn - meh. Quinn is a fine name, but it's very unisex to me and that doesn't scream spunky to me. Suggestions: Gwen (or her longer variations, Gwendolyn/Gwendolen and Gwyneth), Wren, Evelyn, Lillian, Eden, Vivian/Vivien/Vivienne, Adrienne, etc.
    Bristol - my least favorite from your list. Bristol is very flat sounding compared to the rest of your list, which has some bounce/spunk to it.
    Finley - trendy
    Scout - this is more of a dog's name to me. Sorry!
    Henry John, Charles Wesley
    Eleanor June, Clara Sparling