Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Xavier and Clara?

Hello!
    I love the girl's name Clara but I have a son called Xavier.. Xavier and Clara don't seem to flow as a sibset... what do you think?
    The only other girl's name I have considered is Milla but we have an unusual surname and I don't want her to always have to correct and spell both her first and last name.

I see what you're saying about Xavier seeming a little bit more edgy and Clara seeming to have a more traditional feel, but I think that sibsets aren't everything. If you love the name then go for it. I think Milla sounds great with Xavier, but I totally understand about being nervous about spelling issues. I have an unusually spelled name and an uncommon last name and it drives me bonkers having to spell out both. If your first love is Clara I'd go for it. You might could give her a more edgy middle name to balance things out if you feel like it needs it.

I love Clara! I think they are fine together.

I don't think Xavier and Clara match really well. Xavier feels modern and edgy whilst Clara is classic and seems a little less exciting. That being said, they don't not work together. I think Milla works better with Xavier, but how is it pronounced? Miller, Mee-ya, Mee-luh? There may be spelling/pronunciation issues.
    William ♠ Thomas ♠ Peter ♠ Henry ~ Rose ♠ Alice ♠ Ivy ♠ Lowenna
    Mowesi ~ Henwyn Kernewek ~ Mebyon

I think they are fine together. I wouldn't worry too much about sibsets. However Mila (I like it better spelled like this) and Xavier sound nice as well.
    Raquel-21 year old who loves names, books, and languages.

Ladies: Catherine Isabella,Helena Margaret, Clara Josephine, Amelia Juliet, Louisa Genevieve, Eva Rosalind, Rose Fiammetta, Edith Lenore
    Gentlemen: Asher Frederick, Nicholas James, Henry Oliver, William Grey, Matthew Isaiah, Thomas Alaric, George Everett