Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

I need to change my name, please help me!

Hi everyone!
    I am an 18 year old man and I really want to change my name.
    My name is very unfamiliar, hard to pronouns, etc. in the place I live in. I want to change it to a normal name this year.
    I hope it is OK if I don't tell you my current name due to privacy concerns but I will tell you about myself, what I look like, my attitude and what I like to be called. I do not want my current name to have any effect on my decision.
    I am a very logical and serious person. I do not like bullshit so basically the right side of my brain is out of duty.
    I love maths and science and I enjoy studying them very very much. My favorite areas of science are chemistry, physics and mathematics.
    I also take bodybuilding very seriously, I work out a lot and as my name username suggests, I will be joining the army when I finish university.
    I am starting medicine this year at university and so I will become an army doctor in the future.
    Many people tell me that I look like super man or this guy http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__...px-Tvch_04.jpg
    both because of my body and face.
    What do you think is a suitable name for a person like me?
    I want a very aggressive and strong name.
    I have these in mind:
    Alexander Johnson
    Diesel Jack
    Blake Robinson
    Broke Marshal
    Vandal Blaze
    Gunner Hixiston
    Hector Vandal
    Hunter
    Axel
    Raiden
    etc.
    I don't know, just something really aggressive, strong and badass.
    I want to make the decision asap because I want to change my name before uni starts. I will be attending uni in a different state so I will not have to use my current name ever again. I am very serious.
    Last edited by lieutenant; February 26th, 2013 at 11:31 AM.

If you're going to be an army doctor, then I think names like Gunner, Vandal, Hunter and the like are not advisable. From your list, Alexander and Blake would be the best choices. You say you're a serious person but some of your other name combos border on the cartoonish. Here are some strong males names that can be taken seriously in the military and medical professions without overdosing on the macho swagger.

Abel
    Bryce
    Leo
    Marcus
    Abram
    Caleb
    Asa
    Cyrus
    Jude
    Chase
    Zane
    Troy
    Rhys
    Tate
    Dirk
    Knight
    Reid
    Luke
    Heath
    Grant
    Drake
    Dean
    Atlas
    Lincoln
    Roscoe
    Emerson
    Sterling
    Jericho
    Roman
    Chad
    Conrad
    Ivan
    Kent
    Archer
    Ramsey
    Merritt
    Bronson
    Shane
    Fraser
    Duke
    Sage
    Atticus
    Orion
    Damon
    Lennox
    Gray
    Augustus
    Last edited by mischa; February 26th, 2013 at 12:59 PM.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Last edited by lieutenant; February 26th, 2013 at 01:04 PM.

You make a name 'strong aggressive and badass.' Some of your suggestions sound like cartoon characters (Vandal? diesel?). If you're going to make a change-- particularly if you are entering the very conservative, traditional and straightlaced worlds of medicine and the military-- something bland, familiar and related to your current unusual name would be best.

Unless your last name is an absolute nightmare, keep it. If it is a nightmare, shorten it or anglicize it. Changing surname for a guy is a red flag as it is so highly unusual.

I take it you are in Australia. Is your name non-English in background? Let's pretend you're, say, Persian and your last name is Mercaptovizadeh. Tough. You should change it to Vizadeh, Mercapto, Merca, etc. this will still allow you to claim your heritage and not alienate your family while making it easier to for everyone else in Australia to remember and pronounce it.

If your first name is Khouroush, for example, pick something similar. Again, you are going to have to justify this choice to everyone, every employer, al, the layers of graduate medical training and medical licensing, for the rest of your life, and anglicizations are easier to swallow. Cyrus from Khouroush, or Kai, or Russ, etc. If you want the badass vibe, monosyllabic first names often convey that image.

Russ Merca is pretty cool, and it will be acceptable to your friends and family, too.

You absolutely don't have to share your real name, but try to think along those lines. And you are right-- if you're going to change, now is the time.
    Blade, MD

XY: Antoine Raphael
    XX: Cassia Viviane Noor

Aurea * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Fleur * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrrine * Rosamond * Seraphine * Sylvana * Thea * Verity / Blaise * Cyprian * Evander * Jules * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Quentin * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan _ Farah / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Tariq

Quote Originally Posted by blade View Post
    You make a name 'strong aggressive and badass.' Some of your suggestions sound like cartoon characters (Vandal? diesel?). If you're going to make a change-- particularly if you are entering the very conservative, traditional and straightlaced worlds of medicine and the military-- something bland, familiar and related to your current unusual name would be best.

Unless your last name is an absolute nightmare, keep it. If it is a nightmare, shorten it or anglicize it. Changing surname for a guy is a red flag as it is so highly unusual.

I take it you are in Australia. Is your name non-English in background? Let's pretend you're, say, Persian and your last name is Mercaptovizadeh. Tough. You should change it to Vizadeh, Mercapto, Merca, etc. this will still allow you to claim your heritage and not alienate your family while making it easier to for everyone else in Australia to remember and pronounce it.

If your first name is Khouroush, for example, pick something similar. Again, you are going to have to justify this choice to everyone, every employer, al, the layers of graduate medical training and medical licensing, for the rest of your life, and anglicizations are easier to swallow. Cyrus from Khouroush, or Kai, or Russ, etc. If you want the badass vibe, monosyllabic first names often convey that image.

Russ Merca is pretty cool, and it will be acceptable to your friends and family, too.

You absolutely don't have to share your real name, but try to think along those lines. And you are right-- if you're going to change, now is the time.
    I am going to a different state, going to meet completely new people and I really don't want my current name to come with me. My name is actually funny to say, I hate it.