Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Mom to daughters Rylin, Winslet, and Paisley

And now introducing....August Oliver

Girls: Cora, Tatum, Paisley, Hadley, Weslyn, Tegan, Victoria, Winslet, Madeline, Posey, Seraphina, Kate, Stevie, Quin, Mariah, Hazel, Rylin, Laura, Sutton, Evangeline, Sarah

Boys: Maverick, Tristan, Wesley, August, Toby, Caleb, Henry, Dorian, Breckin, Flynn, Bentley, Easton, Emery, Oliver, Jack, Weston

I'll just reiterate my point, as you sound quite serious:

As a male, name changes are very unusual. If you really have been accepted as a medical student, you are entering a very conservative, hyper-vigilant profession. We are heavily scrutinized to protect the public from dangerous practitioners.
    - for each step of the licensing process, for all of the examinations, you will have to disclose your name change and provide documentaion
    - every time you apply for privileges at a hospital, you will provide evidence of your name change and document the reasons
    - when you become board-certified in a specialty, you will provide evidence of your name change and document the reasons
    - every time you re-cert your boards, complete Continuing Medical Education, etc [annually in the US for the rest of your professional life; board re-certification is q10 years here, not sure for Aus], you will provide evidence of your name change and document the reasons.

Your current name and the reason for the change will follow you for the rest of your life.

Also, socially- if you're interested in something like surgery and you show up on my service introducing yourself as Medical Student Gunner Vandal I can't even begin to describe the amount of shite we would give you. Pediatrics, psychiatry, etc would be much more accepting, but we would bust your balls from dawn till dusk. Once you graduated and started residency, your seniors, chiefs, fellows and attendings would do the same.

And that's us... I can't even imagine what the military guys would have to say.

So choose carefully.
    Blade, MD

XY: AR
    XX: CVN

Aquila * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrra * Petra * Rosamond * Seraphine * Silvana * Theophane / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Giles * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Peregrine * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan _ Iman / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Najid _ Rafiq _ Tariq

I would never want to see a doctor with a name like a super killer or gang member.

Maybe something suave and classic biblical? They generally aren't dated, and are solid names.

Caleb
    Asher
    Isaiah
    Reuben
    Elias
    Gabriel

Quote Originally Posted by blade View Post
    I'll just reiterate my point, as you sound quite serious:

As a male, name changes are very unusual. If you really have been accepted as a medical student, you are entering a very conservative, hyper-vigilant profession. We are heavily scrutinized to protect the public from dangerous practitioners.
    - for each step of the licensing process, for all of the examinations, you will have to disclose your name change and provide documentaion
    - every time you apply for privileges at a hospital, you will provide evidence of your name change and document the reasons
    - when you become board-certified in a specialty, you will provide evidence of your name change and document the reasons
    - every time you re-cert your boards, complete Continuing Medical Education, etc [annually in the US for the rest of your professional life; board re-certification is q10 years here, not sure for Aus], you will provide evidence of your name change and document the reasons.

Your current name and the reason for the change will follow you for the rest of your life.

Also, socially- if you're interested in something like surgery and you show up on my service introducing yourself as Medical Student Gunner Vandal I can't even begin to describe the amount of shite we would give you. Pediatrics, psychiatry, etc would be much more accepting, but we would bust your balls from dawn till dusk. Once you graduated and started residency, your seniors, chiefs, fellows and attendings would do the same.

And that's us... I can't even imagine what the military guys would have to say.

So choose carefully.
    Just to add to this, if you do become an army doctor, you will still end up leaving the military at some point and may choose to open your own practice. In this case your name is your "brand", the first thing a potential patient sees. People want their doctor to give them a sense of being professional, competent, and safe. I would wager that given the choice, a lot of people would be hesitant to choose Dr. Diesel Blaze over Dr. BoringName when looking for a physician. Having a name that's catchy is fine, but you don't need to sound like an action hero.
    Miriam ~ Helena ~ Estella ~ Beatrice ~ Anastasia ~ Alice ~ Marilla ~ Sarah
    Paul ~ Wesley ~ Walter ~ Edmund ~ Isaac ~ Abram ~ Gabriel

Trying for baby#1
    Avatar: Nathan Altman, Portrait of Anna Akhmatova

Thank you a lot everyone!
    I really appreciate your advice. I think my age is having a big influence on my decisions haha but I will try to be very mature about this.
    What do you think of Alexander Lincoln? By the way, my current name starts with A.