Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Double name thoughts?

I really like double names and I'm wondering what people think of the name Mae Reed for a little girl? She would have an additional middle name tbd. Thoughts??

It's okay. Double names aren't really my thing, though. It kind of reminds me of the Irish name Mairead, but that's actually pronounced mawr-aid. I usually prefer Reed spelled Reid, but Mae Reid looks strange. Mae Reed does look much better. Reed just makes me think of the plant, which isn't especially pretty, or the reed in a musical instrument like a clarinet, which makes me think of spit. Sorry.

I like it. I do prefer the spelling May (like the month).

However, if you intend her to go by Mae Reed all the time, I strongly advise you to hyphenate. Otherwise, most people would assume Reed was her middle name and call her Mae or Mae R. Lastname.
    Arabella, Thibault, Sophia, Alfred, Eleanor, Rémi, Charlotte, Achille, Olivia, Clement, Elizabeth, Frederick, Maud, Benedict, Adèle.

Thanks for the input. My middle name is Reed and Mae is a family name so the spellings would be that way for the significance. I agree sugarplumfairy, hyphenating would be a good idea.
    Thanks!

We planned on calling my daughter Mary Claire but after she was born she just seemed like a Mary so we dropped the Claire for the most part. We did Mary first name and Claire middle so there was more flexibility.
    Mother to: Patrick Werner (3/10) and Mary Claire (06/12)