Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Final 2 names for Baby Girl

This is my first time posting but I spend a lot of time on the site.

My husband and I are expecting our first child in May. We have narrowed the field of names to 2 for each gender (I will post the boys' finalists in the other forum). I am seeking your input. Both girls' first names have a special meaning; they are both the names of parks where my husband and I spent many happy hours with our families as children (Eleanor for me, Harriet for him). The middle name must start with a J (Jewish cultural tradition to honor his recently deceased grandfather). The middles otherwise have no real significance to us except liking them. Our last name begins with a K and is two syllables.

First names:
    Eleanor - this is a special name to me but I'm afraid with Ella/Ellie it might feel too popular?
    Harriet - I love this but I fear she'd be called "Har" or "Harry."

Middles (open to new ideas here as long as the name begins with J).
    Jude, June, Jane

What do you think?

Love both of them! They were/ are both on my list.

Other nn options for Eleanor are Laney or Nora and for Harriet, Hattie is a great nn option. Eleanor is probably more popular than Harriet because of the Ellie/ Ella connection, but you don't have to call her Ellie or Ella.

Harriet June/ Jane and Eleanor June/ Jane are all cute.

I actually kind of dig Harriet Juniper also.
    Trying to name Southern Belle DD#2 due in July 2013!

**Magnolia June (Maggie/ MJ/ Nolie)**Carolina June**Josephine Amelia (Posie/ Josie Mae)**Harriet Mae (Hattie Mae)**Helena Pearl**

Of your middle names, I like the June the best. Have you considered Eleanor Juliet?

I agree that Hattie is a great nn for Harriet, so maybe you can forestall a Har/Harrie trend.

For both names I would prefer the full names rather than nicknames, but I like Hattie and Nora. I just know I can't control what others call her (or what she might choose for herself someday)! I really love Juniper; it's been on my list forever - I just feel I might not be brave enough to use it. Maybe labor will make me feel powerful enough to take a risk!

I vote Harriet, with the nickname Hattie.
    Harriet Jane has a sweet, antique charm.
    ~ 21 year-old name lover ~