Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Liv related suggestions?

Hi everyone, this is my first time posting a topic on the forums!

I really like the name Liv, it seems so spunky, and I can definitely see it on a daughter of mine. The main problem with that is that it's one-syllable. So is my last name. Thus, as you can infer, Liv ____ wouldn't have the best flow.

So I've been trying to come up with some names that can perhaps shorten to Liv, or have the same "feel" as the name at best.

Anyone have any suggestions that can be a Liv, or that I might like that aren't Liv-centric? Ones I've considered so far are:

Olivia - but I just can't bring myself to like it, and it is so common; I tend to gravitate towards less common names, so thinking ahead, Olivia would be out of place anyway with sibling names I'd likely use.

Livia - possible, but it's close to Olivia, and I don't really want that for reasons of name confusion, etc.

Liviana - Not big on -ana endings so this one isn't bad, but I'm not 100% feeling it either.

Olivine - this one is my favorite possibility, but I wonder if it's wearable?

Olive - Like it, but I'm starting to see more of Olive and think it may become quite popular. Do you think it will?
    moving to new account with username I like more... since we can't just change them

I suppose you could get Liv from Lavinia!
    Favorites:

Audrey * Margot * Josephine * Elizabeth * Katherine * Madeleine * Natasha * Amy

Alexander * Julian * Gabriel * Adrian * Laurence * Henry * Damian * Benjamin

I think Olivine is totally wearable, and I don't think Olive will become popular. How about Livana? I've heard someone use it before. Also, Liv itself is a Norse name meaning "life", so I think it could be used on its own if you're adventurous.
    | Arabella Monet | Henrietta Plum | Isolde Noor | Agatha Ruby | Marian Primrose |
    | Emma Berlin | Cressida Lilac | Jessamine Lark | Vivienne Snow | Ireland Eve |

Of you options I love Olivia and I personally don't care how popular it is because it is a beautiful name. However I think Olive or Olivine fit with the other names in your signature best. I don't see why Olivine would not be wearable.

Astoria, Sansa and Olivine.

Have you thought of Olivet / Olivette? Alivia?

Do you like boys names on girls? Sullivan could be an unexpected option.

Oh I've never thought of Olivette. Sullivan is kind of neat too. I don't have many unisex names on my list but that's a cool idea right there. Thank you!

I guess because Olivine is long I thought it might be too much? But if it's not, then that's good.

@namelover77 I like Liv but I took it out of consideration because my last name is also one-syllable!
    moving to new account with username I like more... since we can't just change them