Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cool African American Family to Name....

Hello fellow berries. I need some help/suggestion/advice for a African American family.

The husband has a stronger role in the story over the wife. Both are well-educated, resourceful, and independant. Their relationship is off-again-on-again. Both have cheated, but they always find their way back to one another in a crisis. Both characters are stubborn and the biggest problem in their relationship is not talking to one another when they hurt each other. The husband's job is high priority and he can be gone for days, weeks, months at a time. All the sacrafices he makes for his job he does to protect his family even though he hurst them. He's quiet, on the mysterious side. The wife is a part-time sales rep in her sister's cosmetic company. She spends most of her time taking care of their 11-year-old son. She also fills her time with her favorite hobby, home decor. Even when her husband is not in the picture, he still pays all the bills and supports the family and she takes full advantage an reaps the benifits of his well-paying job.
    Their son is a typical young boy, but he does struggle in school. He also acts out for attention sometimes and he does this more so when his parents fight or are in their "off stage".

I don't have anything carved in stone for names. I'm open for all suggestions.

I was thinking surnames with H.
    Hawkins, Harris, Hutchings, Hanover, Hardy, Hanoch, Hutch, Hutchings, Hastings, Hannagan

For the husband: (in no special order)
    Arthur, Robert, Calvin, Derek , Morgan, Lewis

For the wife: (in no special order)
    Marcia, Regina, Darcel

For the son: (am open for suggestions)
    I like Reed

Thank you. I look forward to your response.
    Have a Nice Day
    -Crissy-

I don't have any children, but I write like crazy and am always looking for names for characters. I think I'm a half decent story teller, a mediocre writer, but horrible at picking names.

Favorites: Ainsley, Everly, Shay, Bryce, Michaela, Bree, Susannah, Jensen, Damien, Anson, James, Dalton, Sawyer, Alaric

Thanks mischa. Starting with the husband:

Alonzo (noble, ready)...really like but It may be to upbeat
    Amari...don't care for
    Antoine....don't care for
    Cedric (bounty)...ummm
    Darius (protector)...I like it and I like the meaning
    Desmond….I like it but I always think of Desmond form Lost
    Isaiah...ummm
    Jerome
    Jordan
    Josiah
    Kelvin.....Really like it
    Leon (lion)...not bad
    Lionel (young lion)...Really like it
    Luther (army people)....LOVE it. I've always loved this name, but I didn't know what surname to pair it with
    Mahlon
    Malachi
    Malcolm
    Malik
    Marcus
    Martin
    Maurice
    Omar....never really cared for
    Otis (wealthy)...Like it
    Quincy (estate of the fifth son)...not bad
    Reginald (counsel power)...not bad
    Rodney....LOVE it but I always think of Rodney Tidwell from Jerry McGuire. "Show me the money"
    Rohan
    Tremayne
    Tyrone....not bad
    Xavier...never really cared for

I can't use M and J names....to many already.
    Last edited by crissy76; February 24th, 2013 at 03:29 PM.
    Have a Nice Day
    -Crissy-

I don't have any children, but I write like crazy and am always looking for names for characters. I think I'm a half decent story teller, a mediocre writer, but horrible at picking names.

Favorites: Ainsley, Everly, Shay, Bryce, Michaela, Bree, Susannah, Jensen, Damien, Anson, James, Dalton, Sawyer, Alaric

How did I do with these?

Luther Hinds
    Luther Hicks....my favorites
    Kelvin Harris
    Calvin Harris
    Lionel Hawkins
    Leon Hawkins
    Darius Pratt....I also like this one
    Darius Jackson
    Darius Franklin
    Darius Hawkins
    Arthur Hawkins
    Derek Hawkins
    Have a Nice Day
    -Crissy-

Oooh, Luther Hicks hits the spot for me! I also like Lionel Hawkins and Darius Jackson.
    All the best,
    Mischa.