Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Reginald???

Reginald???

No, I'm not considering it, but I am wondering who would?
    I was browsing the list of baby names in my Province for 2011, and came across 2 Reginalds! I hadn't even thought anyone was still using this name, it just feels so antiquated and stuffy to me! Even the nn Reggies feels decades old, and a throw back to an Archie comic! Opinions?!

Edited to add -- I also just noticed one boy was named just Reggie!
    Last edited by kibby; February 24th, 2013 at 01:16 PM.

Lachlan Alexander - Evander 'Anders' Alcott - Cadmus Walter - Theron Xavier - Thatcher William - Peregrine North - Dresden Alasdair

Natalie Winter - Adelaide Pearl - Hermione Jane - Corisande Fable - Lavender Alina/Irie - Cordelia Autumn - Virginia Joy- Odessa Faye

Reginald is okay; I like the Italian version, Renato, better. I really like the nn Reggie though.
    Favorites:

Audrey * Margot * Josephine * Elizabeth * Katherine * Madeleine * Natasha * Amy

Alexander * Julian * Gabriel * Adrian * Laurence * Henry * Damian * Benjamin

I love Reginald. I'd love to use it. If I owned a huge manor in the countryside, had a literature professor husband, ten setters running around on the estate, daughters named Amabel and Winifred having tea parties with their dolls and dressed up bunnies, went hunting every Sunday and had my vacations on the French Riviera.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by ottilie View Post
    I love Reginald. I'd love to use it. If I owned a huge manor in the countryside, had a literature professor husband, ten setters running around on the estate, daughters named Amabel and Winifred having tea parties with their dolls and dressed up bunnies, went hunting every Sunday and had my vacations on the French Riviera.
    Best. Post. Ever.

Lachlan Alexander - Evander 'Anders' Alcott - Cadmus Walter - Theron Xavier - Thatcher William - Peregrine North - Dresden Alasdair

Natalie Winter - Adelaide Pearl - Hermione Jane - Corisande Fable - Lavender Alina/Irie - Cordelia Autumn - Virginia Joy- Odessa Faye

I really like it, and don't see it as very posh when using nns Reg/Reggie. I'd use it in a down-to-earth combo though, like Reginald John.

Annora Juliet, Elspeth, Verity, Zelda, Josephine, Marianne, Rosemary Constance
    Edmund Henry, Wesley, Jonah, Gilbert, August, Winston, Hugh Theodore