Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    I like Emerald the most of all of those names. But I would like Miranda Emerald or Cassandra Emerald.
    Favorite Girls' Names: Anthea, Harriet, Vera, Fairfax
    Favorite Boys' Names: Hartley, Clyde, Amias, Ambrose

I like Bridget and Claire.

I really like claire. Amanda and cassandra are both nice too. Miranda and eve are bleh to me, and I would definitely not do bridget or january!

Claire- I think it's fun, spunky, and youthful. I don't like Claire Emerald, though.
    Amanda- I actually really like this on a modern day baby. It's unexpected and, dare I say fresh again? I like the double vowel of Amanda Emerald.
    Bridget- My favorite of your list. Strong, dignified, substantial, yet feminine. Bridget Emerald has a nice flow.
    Eve- Love this name, substantial but soft. I don't like Eve Emerald though.
    January- I agree, it's a bit over the top with Emerald.
    Cassandra- Not my favorite, but I knew a Cassandra that went by Cici, Didi, and Cassidy throughout her lifetime.
    Miranda- I feel like its missing the "wow" factor. And I really dislike Mindy.
    How about...
    Daphne Emerald
    Ophelia Emerald
    Penelope Emerald
    Genevieve Emerald (you could nickname her Eve)
    Leonie Emerald
    Mother to William Joseph with baby Iris Corinne due at the end of March

Thanks so much for all of your thoughtful and honest opinions and your lovely suggestions.

Last night I fell in love with Beatrice.

I have always kind of dismissed the name as yupster-and-celeb-trendy old-lady-cool. I was actually sort of sick of seeing it.

Then last night I couldn't sleep. All the inactivity from surgery probably. (my husband is trying to convince me to take half of one of my FIL's Ambiens tonight. I'm wary because I've never taken a real sleeping pill and I'm afraid I'll end up sleep-stabbing somebody. Or something.)

Anyway last night my sleeping pill was Dante's Paradiso. When I FINALLY crashed I dreamt Beatrice was showing me around Heaven, except it was an awful lot like a Sandals resort, and Beatrice looked an awful lot like a young pre-plastic surgery Nicole Kidman.

But she was so beautiful and calm, wearing emerald green silk and with all this honey-coppery hair, and she seemed so wise and lovely, and I woke up going, "Beatrice!" I've been saying it all day.

I'll probably change my mind a hundred times, lets face it. But right now I'm head over heels for Beatrice Emerald.

Thoughts?

PS. Blade, I literally laughed aloud at the IRA pageant contestant, Bridget Emerald. :-)
    Last edited by missusaytch; February 24th, 2013 at 07:31 PM.