Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    I'd use Emerald! It's so pretty! I know sisters named Emerald and Magenta, Emmy and Maggie, I think they are cute, matchy but cute!
    I think Elizabeth is overdone, classic and pretty, but boring. And if your mum has real reasons why she doesn't like Elizabeth then I would listen to her. If it was just that she didn't like it, it would be a different story, but that's just my opinion.
    Mama to Bugsy William and Jem Richmond.

Somewhere along the banks of the mighty Columbia
    This is what happens when you break your own rules!
    I don't really know what to tell you. It's hard when someone you care about brings the hammer down on a name you love. I wouldn't give up on Elizabeth just yet. You have time. Your mom might come around to it or feel differently when she meets her little grand-baby Betty.

I dislike Emerald, so take my opinion with a grain of salt, but I don't think it's a usable first name. I like Ruby, Opal and Garnet (sort-of), but any other jewel name seems garish to me (and don't get me started on Jewel!). Sorry! I'm sure I'm in the minority, especially on NB.

Anyway. Don't freak out! There's many a slip twixt cup and lip. Which is probably the wrong way to say, you never know how things will change between now and when your "imaginary baby" is actually born!

EDIT: Just saw the suggestion of Esmerelda. I think that's nice!
    Last edited by roseymaam; February 24th, 2013 at 02:16 AM.
    Trying, trying, trying

Current favorites:
    Boy: Asa Guillaume, Barnaby August
    Girl: Apolline Iris- Polly, Clothilde Juno- Chloe

I understand you wanting to avoid choosing a trashy name since gemstone names can be perceived that way (Diamond, Sapphire...). However, I think Emerald is charming and cute. It's actually made it onto my long list and, even though I'll probably never use it, I'd love to see someone else name their little one Emerald! The name actually makes me think of The Wizard of Oz!
    Audrey - Beatrice - Clara - Daphne - Flora - Jane - Mabel - Susannah

Arthur - Barnaby - Edward - Frederick - Henry - Rupert - Theodore - Walter

Somewhere along the banks of the mighty Columbia
    I just wanted to clarify that although Emerald isn't my cup of tea, I wouldn't put it in the "Ewww, WTF?!" camp. Sapphire, on the other hand...
    Trying, trying, trying

Current favorites:
    Boy: Asa Guillaume, Barnaby August
    Girl: Apolline Iris- Polly, Clothilde Juno- Chloe

It's beautiful, I'd be thrilled to meet a little Emerald. And you were obviously not that attached to Elizabeth, so I think it's a good idea to find something else for a middle for the little lady!
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]