Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Oh I think someone else on here was doing Lavendar if I remember correctly.

Giavanna? What about Evangeline NN Eva pronounced like Ava?

♥ Clara Dean Lucy Dominic ♡

Feel free to ask me anything about saints names

Maeva and Avis sound similar, but are a bit less common. I think it would be a bit odd to use Ava as a nn for Maeva or Avis, but they might be a good compromise if it's the popularity that puts you off. Personally I don't really like Ava as a nickname- there really aren't any longer names that lend themselves to Ava without being really stretchy, and honestly I think Ava itself is a lot better than Aviana, Aviella and the like.

Thanks everyone!

It’s not the popularity I dislike, I just don’t like the incomplete sound of it that much. Of all the options mentioned Avery and Avril stand out the most. Maeva actually seems like a great way to get to Ava and I don’t find it all that weird at all. I actually like it a bit

It might just be me but I don’t say Giavanna or Evangeline with the “Ava” sound at all. And Eva is E-vah to me.

Initials wouldn’t be bad, but I never seem to like “V” names all too much.

http://listography.com/JessicaRoseSays

Alexander Owen ~ Patrick Thomas ~ Jack ~ Mark ~ Conor ~ Nolan ~ Ian ~ Vincent ~ Caleb
    Nora ~ Claire ~ Stella ~ Madeleine ~ Ava ~ Soleil ~ Gabrielle ~ Leah

Quote Originally Posted by jess0044 View Post
    It might just be me but I don’t say Giavanna or Evangeline with the “Ava” sound at all. And Eva is E-vah to me.

I don't say them that way either but Giavanna has Ava right there in it so it wouldn't be impossible. I've heard Eva said just like Ava but I prefer the E-vah pronunciation as well. I wish I could have been more help!

♥ Clara Dean Lucy Dominic ♡

Feel free to ask me anything about saints names