Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

What would you name your children if you only used names from your heritage/culture

the last one can be one from the country you grew up in. (If you lived/live in a totally different country past the age of 10 don't include that.)

Eg. So if your heritage is irish and welsh but you grew up in america for example- 'Una, Ffion and Lincoln'.

English Heritage and I am Australian (not too many all Australian names so I will use something from the top 10)!

Elizabeth, James, Ella and Anouk (I am not French but I feel that France is so much a part of me that I couldn't help my self)

I would have to choose super yiddeshe names like Raizel, Judah, and Mordecai -- all of which I actually quite like!

Matilda Sailor or Faye Matilda | Sylvie Winifred or Simon Atlas | Atlas Dov or Alice Violetta | Lucien Wilde or Lucinda Jane | Jane Lucinda or Jack Mariner | Marlowe Charles or Roscoe Thomas | Charles ' Charlie' Wallace or Marigold 'Maggie' Wynn | Eloise Lily or Elliot Darwin | Iris Cordelia or Thea Marina | Jasper Augustus or Juniper 'June' Lovelace | Julian Felix or Judah 'Jude' Reeve

Just a grad student dreaming ahead...

American, but my mother's side of the family is Polish, while my dad is a mix of Irish/Scottish/Native American/Misc. I identify most with my Polish side, so I'll answer with the Polish versions of some of our top names.

Girls:
    Katarzyna (Catherine)
    Elzbieta (Elizabeth, although I'm not really fond of Elzbieta. I prefer the Russian Elizaveta.)
    Anastazja (Anastasia)
    Weronika (Veronica)
    Wiktoria (Victoria)
    Maria (Mary/Maria)
    Zoja (Zoe)
    Ewa (Eva/Eve)
    Cecylia (Cecilia)
    Ofelia (Ophelia)
    Krystyna (Christina)

Boys:
    Aleksander (Alexander)
    Baltazar (Balthazar)
    Dominik (Dominic)
    Grzegosz (Gregory)
    Kacper (Casper)
    Krzysztof (Christopher)
    Mikołaj (Nicholas)
    Patryk (Patrick)
    Tomasz (Thomas)
    Casimir (No English equivalent; I've just always liked it)

Heh, if I actually tried to use some of those in America, I have a feeling most would think I'm just spelling things creatively! Either that, or be hopelessly confused how to pronounce them. (I'm not even certain on some of the pronouniations.)

We want four children, ideally two boys and two girls which we plan to name William, Alexander, Catherine, and Elizabeth, but if I had to give them Polish names, I'd probably go for Aleksander, Katarzyna, Dominik, and Anastazja (or maybe Wiktoria, since I don't like Elzbieta and I don't know the Polish verion of William, if there even is one.
    Last edited by mega_muffin; February 23rd, 2013 at 02:12 PM.
    Proud mother to William "Liam" Balthazar and Catherine "Cate" Ophelia
    Future Daughters: Isobel "Zoe" Theophania, Veronica "Vera" Seraphine
    Future Sons: Alexander "Olek" Crispin/Leopold, Dominic "Nico" Valentine

Nicholas ~ William ~ Alexander ~ Sebastian ~ Gabriel ~ Benjamin ~ Dominic ~ Oliver ~ Crispin ~ Gregory
    Zoe ~ Catherine ~ Veronica ~ Penelope ~ Elizabeth ~ Daphne ~ Anastasia ~ Seraphina ~ Ophelia ~ Felicity

I am born and I live in non english speaking country, so I would say Margareta (mar-gar-etta), Eliza (Eh-leezah), Karolina (Caro-leena), Mila...