Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    I say pick a new name that is unique and special to you because regardless, the girls will grow up together and when someone has the same name as you it becomes less special. How about Junia nn June or Junie, hey it's even biblical!

Quote Originally Posted by meetcute View Post
    I say pick a new name that is unique and special to you because regardless, the girls will grow up together and when someone has the same name as you it becomes less special. How about Junia nn June or Junie, hey it's even biblical!
    Yeah but there's no guarantee they will grow up together, what if they forfeit Jane and 6 months after they have Junia this family moves? When it comes to neighbors I say do what you want. I never felt less special because another little girl on my street shared my name, if anything it was sort of cool to be the two <instert name> on the block
    Josephine Athénaïs - Josephine Ivy - Myriam Athénaïs - Vivienne Josephine
    Athena Beatrice - Beatrice Cecile - Eléonor Anne-Sophie -Myriam Beatrice - Meredith Elizabeth
    Ambrose Aristide - Ulysses Aristide

Girls: Aenor, Bérangère, Bérénice, Catalina, Honorine, Nadezhda Boys: Augustin, Calixte, Emeric, Hugo, Lambert, Maxandre, Maxence, Yves

~~Formerly know on the boards as The.TX.Belle~~

We had a gender surprise with my first child and I was very open about our names. 6 days after my son was born, my neighbor named her daughter Isla. I would never use Isla now because it bugs me that the little girl down the street has the same name.

Cool

It isn't "stealing" if you've loved the classic name long before you knew your neighbor. While it's perfectly fine to stick by a name you've loved forever, consider whether or not you can stand your daughter being the other Jane in town. If you and this new friend are hitting it off, it shouldn't be an issue to show your sincere concern about the name. Perhaps she'll understand!

This happens a lot to parents who are into trendy names, I'm sure.
    Last edited by scribe; February 24th, 2013 at 01:56 AM. Reason: typing via mobile.. minimizing typos

Like other posters have said, Jane is a very sweet and classic name. It is also a bit of a common choice between parents. As for the stealing issue, I don't consider it stealing. Partly because it's a traditional type name, and because you loved this name. It isn't just because your neighbors had chosen it for their daughter , I am sure. Personally, I would rather my daughter be the only one of out her group of friends with that name than there be 4 or 5 ..
    Shealah
    Teenberry, name loving girl.
    xo

Favorites:
    Lucy, Madeline, Caroline, Kylie, Bryn, Audrey/Aubrey, & Sierra
    Eli, Caden, Camden, Riley and Caleb

Guilty Pleasures:
    Clementine & Tiara