Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Question Please share your opinions: Angela AND Angelica?

Hi everyone,

This is my very first time posting here on Nameberry, so please bear with me.
    I'm hoping to conceive this year. Not yet pregnant, but thinking about names nonetheless.

My question:
    If I were to have another daughter, can I name her Angelica when her older sister's middle name is Angela? (Angela - named to honor a family member.)

What do you think?

LoveBeingMommy

My inclination would be to say no.

But its not awful, most people's middle names go unused, and it could be interesting for them to share that connection...

It just seems a little unimaginative. There are so many wonderful names out there, surely there are others that you fancy.

What is it about Angelica that you like? Could we find a name you love even more?
    Mama to big kitty Jasper

a feel for the names i adore:
    http://nameberry.com/userlist/view/40723

I have a friend whose first name is Kate (Kathryn) and her older sister is Erin Kathleen.

It's not ideal but I think it's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by juliet.a View Post
    It just seems a little unimaginative. There are so many wonderful names out there, surely there are others that you fancy.

What is it about Angelica that you like? Could we find a name you love even more?
    I hope so!
    I've been poring over names for several months, slogging through name books as well as this and other name sites, looking for that perfect name.
    One that is feminine, classic yet not too "plain", not over-used, yet not too different (my husband would think weirdLOL).
    One that has some kind of personal meaning for me, AND that works with our rather pedestrian 3-syllable last name (in other words, doesn't sound too ridiculously exotic for our somewhat plain and common last name). (Even though I LOVE exotic traditional names!)
    Oh, AND one that isn't too similar to names already used for children within the family and extended family. (I have a large family!)

There are MANY names that I fancy, BUT, personal meaning is very important to me. I am looking for either: a name that is some form of my name (or some form of the name of another loved one) so that it is a namesake, OR a name where the actual meaning of the name is beautiful and is applicable to my hopes/feelings for my daughter.

I like lacy, feminine, classic names like Angelica and Clarissa and Miranda. DH has vetoed Clarissa (he doesn't like Clare, or any form of it).

I do love the name Angelica, and I have loved it for a long time. I almost named my older daughter Angelica, but decided instead to use Angela in the middle spot for her. Actually, Angela is my middle name, and I've always liked it. I wanted to put some form of my name in my daughter's name.

Now if I were to have another little girl, she would almost certainly be my last, and part of me wants to name her "after me", somehow. (find a form of Katherine that I could use (with the same meaning as Katherine: pure) but not actually Katherine). Or, maybe I could honor my mother or one of my grandmothers. (In that case, I'd be looking for variants of Celia, Donna, Jane, and/or Elaine).

Phew! LOL
    Can you help me with ideas?

I really wouldn't.

It would help to know your daughters name, so we don't repeat.

Some suggestions:

Annabelle
    Caroline
    Charlotte
    Emmanuelle
    Emmeline
    Grace
    Hermione
    Josephine
    Minerva
    Mirabelle (girlier version of Miranda)
    Moira